°°Chapter Four- Past is in the Past°°

After Ares disappeared, I didn't see him anywhere. I could barely feel him as if he was trying to block me. On the sunrise, Ares left. He left together with my hopes to avoid the war. I mean, yeah as everyone said 'hope dies last' and I agree with that, there was a small hope that was deep inside me, but it slowly faded into shadows. And if someone asks me if am I confused about his behaviour, yes I am. I don't know what to think. Every time I think about it, it gives me a feeling that there are two personalities. First, one is seeking battle and has a thirst for blood- the one that every wolf on the surface is scared of and praying not to see in their nightmares. The second is the one that I know, nice, soft and gentle. My mate, my Ares.

Come to think of it, from that moment everything goes even crazier, does that mean that there are also two wolves?

I felt dizzy from all this thinking! I'll lose my mind!-

"Kayla! Are you here?!" someone called me and I turned my head to see who was that, and it was-

"Yes, that's me! I'm summoning Kayla back to Earth!"

"S-sorry Hazel" I felt a bit embarrassed for ignoring her, wait when did she even come into my private space?! I swear I was alone! Damn, I need to stop skipping those combat classes!

"That's better, now let's get back to work. We still need to make a lot of healing potions for soldiers, not only our Spartans but also for the rogues. We won't be in the centre of the battlefield so we have to heal them so we have to hurry. We don't know when the war will knock on our doors so we have to be prepared. Damn, imagine how much we should do for them! Tones! We never make it on time!-"

"Don't overthink please, you will get a panic attack and we don't need that now, you have to focus honey," I said trying to calm her down. I love Hazel, but sometimes she can overthink and get panic attacks, which will cause us problems. I'm still trying to figure out how a person who always forgets where she left her glasses and barely sees without them can have a phenomenal memory for healing and medical data. I mean seriously, she is THE clumsiest woman I ever met in my life.

"Right! Let's get back to work!"

I laughed softly and followed her to the 'healer garden'. In that garden, we grow all the plants that we use for potions.  Thankfully, it was huge and we didn't have to worry about the number of plants that we needed. We took baskets and started to gather all Blue Karters, Moon Vannilas, and Publerias. By the time they were in the baskets my back hurt together with my knees, same had Hazel but we used to it anyway. Next, we went to our lab which was equally huge, but pretty messy. Hazel went to find a boiler. I start to wash Moon Vannilas and Karters in the cold water, in the right time proportion flowers should change their internals, that's what we need. During that time Hazel mixed Publerias with other ingredients. By the time we both finished boiler was boiling with angry hot water, we dropped all of our plants in it, I started to slowly stir it as Hazel added the final aphrodisiac. "This-" Hazel pointed at a bunch of aphrodisiacs in her hand  "should calm their nervous system before the rest of the potion heal the warrior. After the mixture healed the soldier will feel the boost of adrenaline thanks to the Publeria," she said as the evil smile on her face appears.

"That's smart"

"I know right? I'm a genius!" she announced before I exploded with laughter holding my tummy, her face too pure for not to laugh. Her face was rather comical. The way she stood and placed her hands on her sides, like a hero from some comic. "Oh, by the way...did you see my glasses anywhere" I wiped my tears before replying " They were on the desk near the aquarium"

"Right! Thanks" she ran there, I laughed again when she accidentally bumped into the huge book stack that collapsed on her.

"Oh my! Are you good?" I ran to help her up when the pink star on her forehead appeared "Blessed huh.." I joked when she whimpered and turned red "Not funny at all K!"