°°Chapter Three°°

A/N  ~ Boris is Kayla's Father and the guy in the photo is Ares

BORIS

Multiple feelings filled me when  Gabe informed me about my daughter's mate. Mainly fear. Fear for my little girl. She's too pure for such a man. I knew Ares from his reputation as the most bloodthirsty and ruthless wolf on the continent. One thought of him with Kayla wants me and my wolf to crash the wall. Until the last moment, I hoped and believed that it was some kind of a joke but when my people announced that he would be here and would like to have a meeting all my hopes vanished. If I want to keep Kye and Kayla safe I have to do it on my own - not hoping for a miracle.  

I went outside to greet my guest, Gabe and one more guard followed me by their own will. We stood in front of massive wooden -gates. When they opened, I spotted a young man, behind him were two warriors. Through the snowstorm, I could see his shady eyes, like two sparks in the night. 

"Pleasure to meet you, Alpha Boris," he said moving for a handshake.

"The pleasure is all mine" I moved my hand forward as we made a greeting gesture. We headed to the packhouse. We left our fur cloaks, and my omegas took care of them and placed them where they were supposed to be. We went upstairs through the hall getting to my office. I felt my daughter's presence and my wolf let out a low growl.  I opened the door and entered when I noticed Ares and Kayla making eye contact. She nervously bit her lip, that's how I knew when she did not feel good. 

He sat. And with that, our mind games began. 

"What is the purpose of your visit, Ares?"

"Isn't it obvious?" 

"No, I don't. Please do tell me" 

"Your land. It is the only area that is not in my power." He said taking a glass of whiskey that was placed between us on a wooden magazine table. "And since you're my mate's father, I considered that humble visit would be more appreciated than bargaining in." This pup cannot be serious. Our pack has been on this land since ancient times. Here, everything was born. Even the Moon Goddess gave Kayla her power to protect this place.

"Bullshit. This land won't serve you any purpose."

"Access to the ocean." 

"You're not planning on invading the overseas lands, are you?" I smirked, because if it was true then he's a complete idiot. His lack of humour and emotionless face sent a clear message that he was planning on invading other continents as well. I sighed and crossed my arms.

"And what if I refuse?"

MIKE

As time passed, Kayla was in a deep sleep wrapped in my arms. Her hands curled like two paws. Sometimes she was shaking because of her dreams, I assume, when that happened I rubbed her back and held her close. I must admit when she told me all this race thing I refused to believe such a thing but on the other hand, my wolf was getting angrier. When I entered the packhouse his presence was noticeable. That moment the idea of losing the most precious person in my life hit my head.  

I heard her let out an awaking, quiet moan, she didn't move as she spoke "Ares is still here" she said with pity in her still sleepy voice. 

"Yes beautiful, he is still having a meeting with your dad " She stood up and went to take a blanket and sat back. 

"I don't want people to suffer because of me-"

"It's not your fault that your mate is a dick" I protested before she could say anything. When she let out a chuckle I relaxed a bit. 

We heard someone coming downstairs, it was Alpha. His sight wasn't the one I liked. we both stood up waiting for Boris to speak. His expression was...heavy. I could see that he was thinking about something. 

"Dad?" her voice was rather a sound of hope than just a question.

"Ares shall stay here till the snowstorm ends," he said before leaving us. 

Kayla's face was paler than before. I mind-linked her that I would talk with him as I followed my Alpha. 

Thank you, Mike   I smiled sightly before I and  Alpha disappeared into the halls.

KAYLA 

there was nothing good about what my dad told us. I mean sure my wolf was happy about it, but not me. I was rather conflicted than anything! 

Waiting for any response from Mike will take ages. My nerves were at their high spot, I could not calm myself down.

If he's here, he'll hurt your girl

 This thought appeared in my head. I will not describe what kind of scenarios I had in my mind and what kind of emotions I felt. I ran upstairs, through the halls and found the needed door. I opened and all the storms inside me vanished when I saw Kye sleeping in harmony. Before leaving the room I kissed her forehead. 

As I closed the door I felt someone's presence at the end of the hall. Through the darkness of the hall, two shady lights were staring at me. I can't describe how shocked I was when these eyes changed into fire-orange. The figure of a tall man starts to come closer to me. Once again there was no escape for me. I was blocked by the wall from behind and his chest. 

I remembered the words he told me when we met last time and suddenly I was upset and hurt at him. I suddenly wanted him to reassure me and apologise to me! 

"You dare to come closer to your slut - mate, who is a liar?" I said remembering what he told me What he thinks I am."Make sure that your hands won't be dirty after touching me." Fucker. Am I sad about what he told me? Yup, sure I am.

"Too many words don't you think?" He said with some irritation in his voice. Ares locked me in with his flaming stare, once again I was captivated.

"To express my feelings? Not really." I snapped back with a huff.

"I'm sorry." 

"Say what again?" those words came back faster than I thought.

Everything in this world stopped when he pierced me with his. In his eyes were guilt and regret. These words were true. I realized that my fear faded away. I found myself gently touching his sharp jawline. My thump went through his warm cheek to his lips...They were warm and soft, I wanted to feel them on my lips again. I looked at him and his eyes made my heart feel a fire, like the one from our last time. Ares smirked firmly before closing the gap between us. He was devouring me!
His mouth was everywhere. It was hard for me to depict where he left hot kisses. My neck, collarbone, ears, jawline and of course, my lips. There was no room to think. Ares was consuming me. My hands locked around his neck as my legs were weak. I could hear my sighs and soft moans. And I loved it.
"Kayla" he breathed out against my sweating skin. It sent a shiver right down to my lower belly. "I'm sorry.." pant "..I was wrong"
Something about this man, I swear. The fact that Ares is known for being so powerful and frightening and right now the same Ares is begging for my forgiveness in such a sexy way. And he's all for me... 

I swear I've never wanted a man so bad like right now.

I missed it. I missed him. The warmth of his body and his hands. Everything. 

Ares suddenly stopped, panting hard "Your father told me that Kye is not your biological child...and," he said of the air search. I was about to say something when he continued. "But I can not help fighting. I need this war" Suddenly the hot and steamy mood evaporated and I was smacked back into reality, hard. After these words, his expression changed, and his eyes went dark. Like two black diamonds, his jaw clenched. Before I could say anything he rushes into the shadows of the halls, disappearing.

It wasn't the man I was making out with just now, he wasn't mine anymore. It was completely another person. Possessed. The one that everyone whispers about as a nightmare. The one that craves complete power and chaos. Ares the Ruthless. And I don't see anything or anyone who can stop him from it.