22

"Oh honey, you've finally made it!" Taylor's father smiles in delight, the brunette groaning as he playfully ruffles her hair allowing soft strands to fall in front of her face like a curtain. "I can't believe you'll be off to college so soon now."

"Logan would've been proud of you," Her mother whispers, leaning towards the table as she takes a hold of Taylor's hand softly. "I know she is, I most definitely am."

Taylor breathes out coolly as she forces her gaze away from her mother's face, lips quivering in sadness. It would have been wonderful if her sister had been with them. It was just another painful reminder of all the other events in their lives that Logan was going to miss. All the milestones Taylor would have to long for her presence.

But now seeing her family all together, though not enough to make her forget the hole in her heart, gave her the courage to put on a brave face and treasure the little joys. She knows Logan would hate to see her sulking on such an important day in her life.

Taylor had just graduated highschool.

It was strange. Her name was called from the podium and she froze, her mind going plain blank. She was nervous for sure. She knew things would go differently this time around, no more of that ridiculous highschool nonsense. It was time to leave all this behind – but Taylor didn't think she was ready to.

Her mind thinks back to a few hours ago, before she was officially declared a graduate of Davis' High. Taylor had just been called from the podium. The sound of her name echoed in her head, but it was as if she had heard absolutely nothing.

She turns her head to see some people look at her expectantly, wondering why she wasn't heading to the stage. Frowning, she takes a few steps to the front, only to stop when she finally looks up and catches a pair of sea-blue eyes staring straight at her. Romee's lips curve into an encouraging smile, "You can do it." She mouths before giving Taylor her classic wink.

Taylor's tempted to leap off the stairs of the stage and run into Romee's arms and tell her she was crazy in love with her, but she bites her lips instead and forces her gaze away from the stunner – mentally scolding herself to focus. She struts across the stage with both poise and diploma, acknowledging the hard work and effort she's put into all these years. She had done well, more than well even being the overachiever that she was. Taylor reaches out her hand and gratefully receives her diploma, a couple of medals now dangling below her neck. Taylor felt a little relieved. She definitely didn't intend on staying here. Highschool wasn't exactly a walk in the park.

After the ceremonies she wasn't able to see her friends right after taking the group photo. Everyone was getting pulled by their families, eager to celebrate their children's' success. Taylor's family definitely wasn't toning it down with the festivities. Nonetheless, she was more than thankful to have them there.

Nightfall came and soon Taylor was all dressed up for the seniors' graduation party. She obviously didn't want to come but Jasmine had to practically blackmail her into coming, she was hosting it after all. Quite the socialite she is.
The drive over to Jasmine's was quite long, it gave her just enough time to think about the past few days with her friend, Romee.

It had just been the two of them in the cabin for a couple of days. Taylor felt like she was on cloud nine, what a cliché thing to say but everything just felt so right. She was a firm believer of chances, and in this life she had this one chance to get to know the woman who changed it all for her. Changed it for the better. She had learned the ways you could love someone – how she could love Romee, it was so easy to do and she wished it were forever. Romee is like that one movie you never want to end because it's so good, she is the book that dances and spins Taylor's imagination. She is simple, beautiful, and thought provoking, she is all the good things in the world put into human form.