13

"Lions! Let's go Lions!"

Taylor felt completely out of place in the gymnasium where the cheerleaders had their usual practices. This was the first one she's been to, well up close anyway, after much convincing from Romee and Jas. She eyed the head cheerleader, Jas, as she guided the group along the new and unfortunately for the seniors, last routine they'd perform before officially signing off.

It wasn't just that Taylor was uncomfortable sitting alone on the bleachers really. But Romee had on a baby blue sleeves crop top with matching leggings that outlined her shapely legs clearly. It was agonizing, and she was so beautiful it hurt a lot to look at her. So Taylor tried her very best to keep her attention elsewhere and spent another thirty minutes mindlessly scrolling through her phone when she felt a soft towel thrown against her skin.

The brunette looks up to see Romee giving her a cheeky smile, doing the thumbs up. "You okay?" Taylor mentally slapped herself when she realized she was staring too long at Romee's extremely toned arms, sweaty toned arms. She nods vigorously and Romee smirks exposing her cute dimples.

"We'll be done in ten, right Jas?"

"Really? That's interesting, the last time I checked the cheer captain gave orders." Jas says sarcastically as the blonde jumps on her back playfully. "Okay fine!"

Taylor laughs at the banter taking place in front of her and shakes her head. True to her word, practice came to a close ten minutes later when Jas dismissed all of them.

"Here," Taylor extends her arm to give Romee the water bottle the blonde refused to bring from her car saying she didn't want to bring too much things for practice. "I told you you would need it."

Romee hums in response as she chugs nearly the entire bottle down in seconds, "What would I do without you?"

"I know, I ask myself the same thing everyday." Taylor jokes.

Romee playfully glares at the brunette and throws the now empty bottle in her direction. Taylor, still in a trance with the beauty in front of her, fails to act quickly and ends up being hit square on the face. She furrows her brows at Romee accusingly who brings her arms to a shrug as if to say, you deserve it.

"Okay come on loser, we still have to be somewhere. Or did you forget?" Romee asks with a smirk.

"I didn't, but I really hoped you would." Taylor replies nervously. Romee had already told her of her plans and she wasn't exactly leaping with glee of the idea. Taylor was well aware of her skill, well lack thereof especially ones that would require above average rating in hand eye coordination.

All throughout the ride to their destination Taylor spoke about why her going with would be a bad idea. And it would be unfair really, on her part to be up against Romee.

"Oh good lord we're here," Taylor groans and pretends to clutch her stomach. "Leave without me, I'm feeling a little sick." She winces for emphasis.

Romee rolls her eyes, she could see just right through Taylor. She practically had to drag the brunette out of the car and into the alley where the counter was located.

"Hi I'm Romee, we spoke on the phone yesterday?"

The boy over the counter looked to be around sixteen, and awfully smitten at the blonde in front of her. "U-uhm we did? I mean," he clears his throat in an effort to deepen his voice. The change wasn't subtle but Romee played along, charming as she was, while Taylor judged him in her head. "Yes we did talk over the phone yesterday, your voice would be difficult to miss." He makes a move to lean on the counter but he misses and ends up leaning on his wheeled chair instead and nearly falls.