20

"Get in loser, we're going paddle boating," Romee shouts from where she stood in her car. She of course, stylish as she is, insisted to cruise with the top down. "It's good to see you, haven't seen you in what, nine hours?"

"Good to know you're not sick of me yet," Taylor places her things at the back seat where the rest of the blonde's things were and heads over to the passenger's seat. "You know riding shotgun isn't all that fun when you have no one to fight it over with."

Adjusting the volume of vehicle audio, Romee motions to the back nonchalantly. "You know, you're always welcome in the trunk. I'm sure five hours' worth of driving would give you the best time of your life."

"Hmm...your trunk would probably be a far better company than yourself," Taylor counters and smirks when she sees Romee struggling to hide a smile. "But I'm sure I'll manage and think of a few things to entertain myself with."

"What, like staring at me?" the blonde teases as she starts the car.

"Maybe," Taylor replies with fake confidence. "You're quite easy on the eyes."

"Interesting." Romee hums and begins to drive.

Taylor doesn't respond and they're silent for a moment but it wasn't awkward. They just, let it be. The brunette couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that she had blatantly just flirted with Romee. They joked around a lot for sure and had playful banters every now and then. But she knew if Romee kept on pushing her, that there'd be more of that in the mountain cabin. Both bantering, and flirting. And then maybe even more playful banters.

Romee's music choice was pretty good. Taylor loved anything before the 21st century, and modern songs that sounded like the 80s. Earth, Wind & Fire, Fleetwood Mac, Tame Impala, and St. Lucia. The blonde had asked her earlier on if the songs were okay or if she wanted to take charge of the aux. But Taylor had simply said they were okay, nothing more, nothing less. Romee was quick to figure out she actually loved them, but she was holding back on anymore comments to prevent her from giving out more compliments.

Taylor realized they were nearing the area once she could no longer see any buildings. Tall and seemingly sky-high trees enveloped their surroundings and just to the left of the forest was a barely noticeable narrow road where Romee took a sharp turn. The blonde kept her silence as she waited for Taylor to figure it out.

"Wait, I think we missed the trek point." Taylor lets out as she looks behind them, she was pretty sure they did. She remembers a fading no trespassing sign, and she had been reluctant to go were it not for everyone convincing her it was safe. "You're going the wrong way."

"Uhm, I'm I beg to differ." Romee laughs as they get deeper into the woods. "You're looking at me like I'm going to murder you any second and discard your body in the middle of nowhere only to come back tomorrow and share another sweet dinner with your family."

"That was oddly specific, definitely raising more of my suspiciousness."

"Well, I'd be a good serial killer. No one would dare to suspect, aren't I how did you say it, easy on the eyes?" Romee smirks and makes another turn. The lake was now visible.

"Oh my god," Taylor mumbles as she stands and looks around at the exact same place they've been to before. She then spots the end of the trek where they emerged from. "Romee I can't believe there was a shorter way to get here. A way where you could take your vehicle and you had us walk the entire time the last time. All with the risk of snake and insect bites."

"Oh come on, you had fun with your camera. I'm sure you had a wonderful time."

Romee parked the car and immediately got off, she made little to no effort to hide her excitement. She obviously loved this place and thought of it as her own personal safe haven, it was pretty sweet of her to bring Taylor around. It was actually nice to know she wasn't of disturbance to Romee's peace.