3

"It's you." There stood Dave, a smirk on his face and eyes bloodshot red. He looks out of it and from the way he walked in zigzags closer towards them, he'd definitely drowned more than necessary.

"You guys know each other?" Jasmine asks but she looks a little uneasy.

"Very well Jas, very well." He lies under his teeth and approaches Taylor. The brunette subconsciously moves away and feels Romee's shoulder press against hers.

"It's a pool party doll, and you're a bit overdressed." There was something very sinister about Dave's motives tonight and Taylor felt really anxious having him this close to her. "Wanna go for a swim?"

"No thank you, I'm okay."

"Really? Come on Tay, I wont bite." His smirk grows widens and she's suddenly very afraid. He pulls on her arm roughly and in a split second she's on his shoulder.

Put me down. She says. But he's not listening. Put me down! She struggles and struggles. She's screaming in fear. Right at this moment, she feels so angry and so damn powerless. Tears stream down her face but she couldn't feel the rest of them, no. Because she was soon dunked in the pool.

For a moment she felt relieved to be out of his hold. His arms no longer pressing against hers, she was no longer struggling. Taylor was free. She relaxed. For a moment. Just for a moment. But then remembered.

She can't swim.

•••••

"Put me down," Taylor says in panic. Dave doesn't listen, he continues to hold her over his shoulder. He's laughing but there was nothing humorous about it.

"Put me down!" Taylor screams this time, and it catches others' attention. She sounded really afraid and Romee was starting to get concerned.

The blonde stands up just as Jasmine orders Dave to put her down. "Seriously dude who even are you? Put her down."

Romee tries to pry Dave's hands off of the struggling girl but he pushes her back roughly, almost losing her footing.

"What the fuck Dave?" Romee hisses as she balances herself. "This isn't funny. Put her the fuck down."

"You want me to put her down? Fine."

And just like that, he throws Taylor into the water and laughs maniacally. Romee was seconds away from knocking the crap out of Dave but she hears Josephine panic.

"She's not resurfacing! The pool's eight fucking feet, Romee!"

"I swear to fucking god," Jasmine starts and pushes Dave roughly who stumbles then falls on his ass.

The blonde doesn't hear nor see the rest. She dives right in, not caring if she was still in her denim shorts and shirt. She frantically swam around in search for the brunette. It was difficult to do at night, the lights on the pool weren't even turned on. She went deeper but could no longer hold her breath, she resurfaces for air and goes back in again.

"Where the hell is she?" Romee thinks to herself. She doesn't allow herself to panic and instead focuses on her new found friend.

The blonde nears the bottom end of the pool and there she saw Taylor lying motionless, her arms on her side. Romee swims towards her frantically and pulls her out as fast as she can. She hears many voices, none of which she entertains. Romee begins compressions on the brunette's chest. Taylor was beginning to lose color from her face. She pumps and pumps and pumps. She stops and listens for a heartbeat then returns to pumping when she hears nothing.

The brunette's lips were becoming purple and Romee's hands trembled against the brunette's chest. Her arms were getting tired and makes the decision fast, she shifts in order to give her mouth to mouth. She pulls her hands away from her chest and lowers her head but is pushed aside in the process. She turns her head to see Noe frantically trying to resuscitate her. Being in Med school has helped him tremendously and in a couple of seconds he succeeds. Taylor coughs out water and Romee sighs in relief.

The blonde is pulled up from the ground and muscular arms encircle around her, she sighs at the warmth and familiarity of Laurens.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there," Laurens begins but is cut off by the blonde.

"It's okay, I'm okay. We're okay."

Romee pulls away and turns to see Taylor being carried away by her younger brother Chase. Before she disappears behind the glass windows, the two girls lock eyes. Taylor gives her a weak but meaningful glance.

"You okay?" Jas asks out of breath. Romee looks down at her hand and sees it's bruised, probably even broken.

"Jesus, Jas!" The blonde exclaims. Her friend was extremely protective but she didn't like when she became aggressive and physical.

"What? It's what he deserves," Jas tries to reason out. She clenches and unclenches her hands in a fist. "Nobody gets away from hurting my girls."