11

I'm sorry I know I haven't updated in months. Forgive me.

—————

If there was anything Taylor hated in the world just as much as Donald Trump and patriarchy, it's when her teachers would set due dates for projects on the same week as her examinations. Another thing she hated was group works because she knew she was always paired with the ones who relied on her a little too much.

The continuous buzzing of her phone didn't help either. She knew it was Noe but she didn't have the heart to answer his calls or reply to his messages. Taylor has never had to turn away someone before, she's not actually the type people go after. Or so she thought.

Sighing loudly, she placed her undivided attention back on her calculus problem set. They weren't difficult, but they weren't exactly easy either. She pondered on a word problem as she tried to visualize the graph in her head before trying to calculate it mentally. She was so close, so, so close to the answer. Until her phone rang for the nth time.

"Motherfucker," the brunette groans. She extends her arm to the far end of the bed, throwing a pillow across the room in the process. "Look I'm sorry I haven't been returning your calls and messages but I don't have the time, I've got a lot on my plate right now....I'm sorry that sounded really mean, sorry. I don't mean to offend you."

"Ouch, you really don't have time for me anymore?" Taylor smacks her face as she doesn't hear Noe's gruff voice and instead hears Romee's angelic ones. "You really know how to hurt my feelings. Tsk."

"Hey! No, I'm sorry I didn't look at the caller I.D. I thought you were someone else," She rushes while trying to contain her smile as she hears Romee's laughter at the other end. "I always have time for you. Always."

"Good, cause I'm right outside your door."

"Wait, what?"

Her door is flung open and there the blonde is, looking like she always does. Always beautiful and very nice to look at. Taylor on the other hand was dressed in nothing but her sleeping shorts and a loose shirt she had stolen from her brother's closet.

"Surprise?"

Taylor's smile widens as she beckons her friend to come over. "How'd you get in? Nobody else is home and I'm pretty sure the door's never unlocked."

"I...have my secrets," she winks and jumps on the bed just on top of Taylor.

"The bed is nice, it's big and costs a lot."

"Hmm I'm sure!"

"So, missy, what brings you to my humble abode?" the brunette asks as she flicks her friend's nose.

Romee props her head up with her arm and hums as she thinks out loud. "I dont know," she shrugs. "I just felt like seeing you, I guess."

Taylor turns away to hide the involuntarily grin that made its way across her face as soon as the words were uttered. How can she stop falling for this woman when she keeps on saying things like this? Nope. Friends. Yes, friends say things like this all the time right? She think.

Taylor turns to face her friend back who looks at her with an unreadable expression. "Well I'm glad you did." the brunette averts her gaze. Cause I missed you.

The two haven't been able to see each other much since the fair. Romee's been busy with cheer and she could only guess Laurens. The two were, unfortunately for Taylor, still inseparable. But what was she thinking? That she'd be able to sweep the blonde off her feet and they'd be off running and chasing the stars? Life was no fairytale and besides, she wasn't a fan of third parties.

"You know, we're graduating soon."

Taylor chuckles lightheartedly, "You don't sound to excited," she points out and reaches her arm until her fingers draw across her friend's furrowed brow. "Why's that?"

Romee sighs frustratedly. "College sounds so, much. And I know high school is a lot but I have my friends here, my team. The very people who've now come to be my family. And when graduation will come, we'll all part ways. I just don't know if I can handle it."

"You'll handle it, you'll be fine," Taylor says assuringly and pulls her hand away slowly. "College is a whole new chapter for sure and you know, it's only normal to dread the unknown, to fear what we don't understand. And if it's your friends you're worrying about? Don't. You're difficult not to love."

Taylor looks at her with so much heart that makes Romee want to tear up because she's never had someone constantly reassure her, support her, and understand her from the very day they've met. She reaches for the brunette's hand and takes it in hers firmly. "I hate that it's taken us this long, to the very end of the semester of our senior year, to have gotten to know each other. God if only I had-"

Romee stops herself mid sentence and Taylor tries to search her eyes as the blonde pulls her hand away in deep realization. She wants to know what Romee's thinking. If only what? If only you'd met me first, would you have fallen for me? Taylor smacks herself in the face internally and shakes her head.

"It doesn't matter how long it's taken us to get here, we'll make more memories for sure," the brunette smiles. "It'll be exciting, college will bring a whole new experience. We'll learn. We'll grow. We'll grow separately, but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll grow apart."

"I'll be right there," Taylor points to her heart cheekily. "And I'll always be one call away."

"I sure do hope so," Romee sighs sadly and looks at her straight in the eye. "Taylor, I'm scared to lose you."

"Me too."