21

Thank you for 100k reads! It warms my heart to know so many of you enjoy the story. Also, I read all of your comments. Very sweet, and a little dirty. 

----

"Here they are," Taylor singsongs excitedly as she lowers the pan of s'mores on the fluffy gray carpet beneath them. "You can stop whining now." She continues, looking at the blonde pointedly sprawled out and slightly buzzed from the red wine she was nursing.

"Good, the crackers were starting to go stale."

Taylor laughs and lays on the carpet, head propped on an elbow. "You are such a drama queen, we opened them fifteen minutes ago - they aren't going to go stale, yet. But they definitely will if you continue blabbering so less talking, more eating." She reaches out for the plate where the grahams were, Romee grabs them to herself and takes one.

"I did the waiting, so I get to have them first."

"Really?" Taylor asks incredulously. "I was thinking since I prepared them myself then I'd have them first."

"True, too late for that now." Romee smirks playfully and settles the plate between them, following Taylor's position on her elbow.

They eat in silence for a few minutes, the sound of crunchy crackers being devoured and fire burning from the fireplace filling the room. Romee fills her wine glass once more and swirls it around before gulping nearly half of its contents.

"You're drinking your wine the way you take your shots." Taylor points out, taking a sip of her cold water.

Romee shrugs nonchalantly, "Rules, rules, and rules."

Romee stares at Taylor for a moment, the brunette notices and begins to feel self-conscious. She wasn't used to being stared at, especially not by Romee.

"Here." Romee says, tugging on her knit sweater to her fingers and reaching out to the younger girl. She cups Taylor's cheek softly and wipes the excess crumbs and small bit of chocolate at the side of her mouth.

"Thanks," Taylor breathes out, their faces only a few inches apart and she grows nervous under Romee's stare. The yearn to kiss and feel Romee's lips against hers was so strong, but she didn't want to overstep and make the blonde feel uncomfortable.

Maybe it was just a one time thing, Taylor thinks. It wasn't uncommon for straight girls to satisfy their curiosity and go on experiments, try out what it would be like to be with a woman and all that. And though the thought pained Taylor, she just couldn't hold it against Romee.

"Do it." Romee says out loud, interrupting Taylor from any more of her thoughts. The brunette looks at her unsure of what she meant. Romee swallows the lump in her throat and her eyes linger on Taylor's plump, pink lips. "Kiss me."

Taylor didn't need to be told twice, and her heart began to pound erratically – a tingle of excitement raced around her. She felt giddy, and even more so light-headed the moment she pressed her lips softy against Romee's – gently caressing them. She took her time kissing Romee, her mouth soft and warm. She didn't quite know if Romee's lips were generally sweet or if was from the wine, she didn't really care.

Taylor had zero kissing experience, until today. And she wanted to impress Romee so bad. The brunette drew Romee's lower lip gently taking them between her teeth and holding them there. This prompted Romee to pull the younger girl against her – sitting on her lap and straddling her. Taylor made a soft sound in her throat in surprise and dug her fingers against long golden locks. Taylor's lips guided the other girl's mouth to open and she deepens the kiss, her tongue sliding past Romee's teeth to stroke her tongue. Taylor softly, and unsurely caresses her tongue with hers, examining the texture of Romee's mouth – soft, warm, and inviting.

Taylor pulls back from the blonde a little, looking down at her shyly as heat infuses her cheeks. "Sorry, I know I'm new to the scene and probably don't know what I'm doing. Sorry." She rambles and Romee shakes her head, holding Taylor's chin firmly to look at her.

Taylor searches her eyes, looking for any hint of deception but she only finds a heart-rending tenderness staring back at her. "Stop apologizing, and stop looking at me like that – like you're guilty," Romee sighs and caresses Taylor's cheek. "I don't do things I don't want to do."

"Okay." Taylor smiles softly.

"Plus, you were really good. Are you sure you haven't kissed anyone else?" Taylor shakes her head and points to her heart where she traces a cross.

"No one else, that's a promise."

"I'm pretty sure we were making out and not just kissing." Romee teases, and Taylor buries her face against the blonde's neck in embarrassment.

"Sorry, you were so bossy. Kiss me." Taylor imitates and kisses her neck softly before pulling away. "It's kinda sexy."

The pair begin the clear out the living room and settle the dishes before going to their respective rooms. Well Taylor thought they'd be sleeping in separate rooms and Romee practically dragged her into the masters.

Taylor was already settled beneath the comforters in her shorts and cami top. A few minutes after Romee emerged from the bathroom, and even though the only source of light they had was from the moon outside, Taylor could still see that the blonde wasn't wearing anything except for her undergarments.

The younger girl felt her face grow hot when Romee settles in beside her.

"Hi." Romee breathes out as she turns sideways to face Taylor.

"Hey," Taylor moves around so they could face one another and she accidentally presses her palms against Romee's taut stomach. She gasps and retracts her hand as if it burned her. "Sorry."

Romee chuckles and grabs Taylor's hand playing with them slightly before intertwining their fingers. "It's all good." Romee scoots closer and rests her head against the younger girl's shoulder.

Taylor's thoughts are racing around her mind and she wants to shut them up so bad. Romee starts to notice the brunette's internal conflict and decides to help her out. "Want to talk about it?"

"I don't know. If I tell you I might make you uncomfortable and I don't want that – ever."

"It's okay, I'll try not to be weird." Romee laughs and soothingly rubs Taylor's exposed shoulders in encouragement.

Taylor breathes out and nervously asks, "What does this mean for us?" She rubs her face in slight frustration. "I mean are we just friends? Are you bored and just want to try something new, with a girl?"

Romee sighs and pulls away slightly to look up at Taylor. "First of all, it kind of hurts me that you even think I'd do that to you. I would never use you for my own entertainment, Taylor."

"And I'm just as confused as you are, okay?" Romee bites her lip, a habit Taylor seemed to notice when she was nervous and in deep thought. "I want you to know that I would never toy you around like a plaything. I...I love Laurens," She breathes out and closes her eyes, a tear making its way down her face. Taylor feels a pang of pain in her face that she tries so hard to ignore but can't seem to. "I love him and I think I will forever. We've been through so much, and he's my best friend."

"Then what am I to you?" Taylor asks sharply, and she doesn't mean to but she does anyway. She could feel hear heart breaking and tearing apart.

Romee presses her forehead against Taylor's and she's not sure whose tears she's feeling but she knows that they're both very hurt and confused. "I don't know," Romee says truthfully and dejectedly. "But you mean so much to me, and I...I really like you. I feel so strongly about you, but I don't know what to make of it yet."

"Maybe I am selfish, and I'm sorry about that. But I can't ignore my feelings for you. Jesus, Taylor I'm practically drawn to you."

But Romee was in tears, her shoulders shaking and Taylor wraps her arms around the blonde to console her - whispering sweet nothings into her ear. She plays with Romee's hair for a couple of minutes, arms protectively around her figure until her sobs die down. She was fast asleep by then. Taylor sighs and kisses the top of Romee's head lovingly as she recalls their conversation.

I feel so strongly about you, Romee had said. But Taylor wondered if it was enough to leave Laurens.