Chicken Sandwich

-Lance-

I can't believe it! Allura is making friends with me, a peasant! I am no match for her altruism and beauty. She really has concerns for someone like me and that speaks volume. Ah, I am really in love.

"Hey, dumbass." Someone smacked me from behind. Ugh, it was Keith.

"Ah-xcuse me, I have been touched by a goddess, keep your hands off me." I said, keeping myself Keith-free.

He squinted his eyes and moved his face closer to mine which brought me to a complete shock. "Hey get off me!" I said and he smirked. "You look stupid, and no you weren't touched by a goddess." He scoffed. "What's your point?" I asked him and glared. Before he said anything, he looked sideways and leaned closer to my ear.

"Please have lunch with me."

I burst into laughter. "What are you, a maiden?" I teased him but he juts kept quiet and he blushed. "I never had anyone to have lunch with me so... ugh, whatever! Deal with it however you want. I'm eating alone!" He started to stomp his foot on the ground and I grabbed his wrist just before he start flipping desks around. "Fine, fine. But it's your treat!" I told him and he smiled. "I'll only get the two-dollar chicken sandwich for you." He said and I grunted.

"That's no fair!" I shouted and he chuckled. I sighed and stared at him as he walked away. I went back to my own business, but I'm starting to think that Keith and I aren't polar opposites at all.

As I was writing something down on my notebook, listening to easy music from my headphones, a classmate called for me. "Lance, someone's looking for you." I shrugged it off at first, but then I saw Allura standing outside the classroom. I dropped my headphones for a bit and ran outside at full speed. "Hey Allura, what's up?" I said, trying to look cool. "Lance! Well, can I ask for a favor?" She asked and I nodded as quick as I can. Anything for you Allura!

"Can you have lunch with me please? I asked Shiro but he's too busy with Adam! Well, they're lovebirds anyway." Allura asked.

"Sure!"

I have never responded so fast. I watched her giggle in excitement before I realized I made a promise with someone else prior. "Ah, but maybe not today—." I said but she didn't hear me. "See you later then!" She said and happily walked off. I scratched my head, thinking whether I would feel happy or guilty. I walked inside the classroom again and sat on my chair. Man, this is weird.

Suddenly, someone appeared before me carrying a paperbag. It was Keith. "Here, I brought you chicken sandwich. Don't bother following me during lunch. I'm eating alone." He said and handed me the paperbag. He walked out of the classroom and I was dumbfounded. I stared inside the paperbag and I felt really mad at myself. Lance, why'd you have to respond to everything without thinking first?

I don't like it when Keith's mad, especially to me. I have to do something.

"Geez, what do I do."

——————————
short chapter again, sorry!