11. Admitting Hate

Chris' POV

I woke up when I felt someone jump on me. I groaned with discomfort. Who the hell would dare jump on me? I lazily opened my eyes and found the last person on earth I thought I'd see. Ben was smirking down at me like the cocky ass-hole he was when he pulled stupid shit on me. I pushed him off of me and he landed on his feet, unfortuantly. 

"What the hell are you doing here? I thought you weren't getting here till tomorrow."

Ben shrugged his shoulders and hopped onto the lazyboy chair in the corner of the room. "My plans changed."

I shook my head, more to wake myself up than anything. The morning went by in such a blur. I don't even remember what I did exactly. All I know now is that its 5pm and the wedding rehearsal is in an hour. 

Damn, the wedding rehearsal. I needed to take a shower. 

"I'm gonna head down to the church with you for the rehearsal," Ben said casually while he was looking down at his phone. 

"What? Why? You're not even in the wedding." I was a little shocked he wanted to go. It just wasn't his kind of thing. 

"So, I'm family aren't I?" 

Was he serious right now? If he comes that means he'll see Laura. My gut was telling me that's why he wanted to go. He never liked to talk about her but I could tell he still thought about her. 

How would Laura react to seeing him again? I didn't want things to get harder for her especially after the confession she gave me the night before. She doesn't deserve more bad things happening to her. 

"Ben why don't you stay here. I mean you can caught up with your old school buddies." 

He gave me a hard look. "I already promised Michael I'd come and help with last minute things." 

"Right." I got up and scratched my head. This was going to be a long night. "I'm taking a shower before we go."

By the time we got to the church everyone was there including Laura which surprised me because usually she waslate for everything. I saw her struggling to hang some decorations so I started walking her way to help but I was stopped by Dania. 

"Hey Chris can I talk to you for a second?" 

I hesitated. "Sure."

She walked off and I followed her down the hall away from everyone else. She stopped and her face looked completely serious. Not like her bossy look that I was used to by now. No it was much more deep than that. She honestly looked kind of pissed. 

"What's up Dania?"

She crossed her arms over her chest. "I need you to stay away from Laura."

That completely took me by surprise. What the hell was she talking about? "Well Dania that's kind of hard to do since I'm walking down the isle with her tomorrow."

"Look," she said getting a little closer to get her point across. "She's had a lot of stuff going on these past few days and she doesn't need you making things worse." 

"What are you talking about?" I was honestly confused. I thought I was being nice, well nicer. 

"Don't act dumb."

For a split second I thought that maybe Laura told her about out little heated moments. 

"I can see the way she cringes every time you're near. She hates you and it's no secret you don't like her. Just keep your distance." 

This was unbelievable. I wanted to say something back but Michael happened to walk into the room. 

"Hey Chris here you are. What are you doing?"