6. Swimming in Dirty Water

Laura's POV

I hate him. I hate him so much. Why did he have to ruin my night? The day was going by decently enough up until he attacked me in the woods. Damn him. Why did he hate me so much? I just don't understand. What did I ever do to him? Nothing, absolutely nothing yet here he is harrasing me and I can't really do anything about it. Would anyone really believe me? We always displayed such a hatred between us in public, I honestly think people would laugh if I told them Chris likes to corner me and force his lips on me. 

Its not like I would tell anyone anyway. It was embarrasing. Because truthfully I did somewhat enjoy it. Gah, what is wrong with me? What was he doing to me? We didn't like each other. These heated passionate lip-locking makeout sessions were not an act of liking or affection. Oh no, far from it. They were a definitely sprung up by the mutual hate we possessed for each other. 

Why am I thinking about this? It is passed midnight and I still can't fall asleep or even close my eyes for that matter. I was sharing a tent with Demi, who I think was past out at the moment. 

"Pssst Demi. You up?"

She fumbled around in the sheets, whinning. But eventually she turned in my direction and opened her eyes. Her dark brown eyes were giving me an evil glare that was mixed with concern. She was probably hating me for waking her up. Opps. 

"Why are you up Laura? Is everything okay?"

"No." Should I tell her? Can I tell her? I trusted her but did I really want her to know about the weird messed up relationship I had with Chris. Would she believe me?

She shifted her body and sat up on her elbow, giving me her full half-waken up attention. "What's up Laura? What's on your mind that's keeping you up and preventing me from getting sleep?"

I bit my bottom lip. Here it goes. "Chris kissed me."

I think her eyes popped out of their sockets. She sat up straighter and I'm sure she was completely awake now and eager to listen. 

"What? What are you talking about? I thought you hated each other." 

I took a deep breath and started to spill all the details out. I needed to tell someone, right? I told her everything and left out nothing. I also emphysized on the hatred part. There was no love between the kisses. They were always sprung up by acts of hatred and rage. 

"I can't believe this," Demi said tightening her ponytail. 

I dropped my head. "You think I'm lying?"

"No," she quickly reassured me. "I can't believe that ass-wipe. How dare he treat you like that?"

"I don't even know what I did to him." 

Her beautiful dark brown eyes were staring at me with sympathy and complete curiousity. And here came the questions. 

"So I have to ask; how was it? Is he a good kisser? Did you like it?"

I took my pillow and chucked it at her. She easily dodged it. "What? Come on, a girl can ask."

I shut my eyes. I can't believe I'm going to confess this to her. "Would I be totally messed up in the head if I told you I did like it...on some level? He has these full lips and I swore every time I feel them on mine the world slows down. He is an amazing kisser." 

She hugged the pillow and smiled. "You're not messed up. He's every girl's walking fantasy. Who could resist something like that? I'd totally go for it too."

That put a smile on my face and made me feel a bit of relief. At least I wasn't the only one. 

"It's too bad he's a major douche."