15. Back to the Beginning

Laura's POV

I turned to my right and watched as Chris gazed into the night sky, like he was under a trance. It took him literally five minutes to realize I was staring at him. His green eyes searched mine then his brows furrowed together, questioning me.

"What?"

I shook my head. He looked really cute at that moment, giving me that look. "Nothing. What were you thinking about?"

He let out a deep breath before he spoke. "Nothing."

I naturally rolled my eyes. "Liar."

He laughed and tightened his arm around me. We were sitting close together on the patio furniture outside staring at the stars. I couldn't remember whose idea it was but next thing I knew Chris was dragging me to the backyard. It was nice, really nice in fact. Having him so close felt like such a romantic cliche. 

"I'm not lying. When a guy says he's not thinking about anything 99% its true. Nothing was going on through my head...but I was liking this feeling." 

Feeling? I gulped a little but it didn't help get the stupid frog out of my throat. I wasn't good with feelings. It didn't help the matter that lately Chris' feelings have been up and down.

"What feeling?" I dared myself to ask. 

I felt his warm hand cup my almost frozen cheek. "I feel calm, together. This, me, you, this feels right." 

For how long, I subconsciously asked myself. I hated doubting him but for some reason I couldn't believe him. Or more rather I wouldn't let myself. Something was going to go wrong. It always did, for me at least. 

I dropped my head back down to his chest, where it was warm. It wasn't exactly cold, cold but chilly. I was cold natured by birth but I wasn't going to say anything and ruin the moment. I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to be out of his arms. 

"What were you thinking?" 

I shut my eyes for a second. Should I tell him? "I like this feeling too." I turned in his arms and faced him. He stayed completely still which made me smirk. 

I had his attention. I leaned in, slowly, brushing my lips ever so lightly against his. "And this," I whispered before going in again. 

He responded and I basked in undeniable sensation of passion. There was no denying the attraction we had for each other; the response our bodies had every time we touched. We craved each other but this kiss was more than just lust. It was...it was...

I was so close to figuring it out when I felt someone shove me. Of course. It was all just a dream. Not a dream, more like a memory. Because that night with Chris did happen. It happened 8 months ago; the last time he was here. The last time I was with him...8 months ago.

"Is she breathing?" I heard someone ask. According to the pitch of the voice I'm guessing it was no other than Demi. 

"Why wouldn't she be?" Dania replied, always the reasonable one when it came to logical things. 

"Oh I know lets draw a mustache on her face." The voice was much too excited to carry out the mischievous deed. Much too excited indeed. 

I knew it had to be Jamie. She was the only one who would actually go through with writing on my face, with a permanent marker. 

"Touch my face and I will hurt you," I said squinting my eyes open. 

Jamie frowned. "Aww come on. Mustaches are the new thing. Everyone likes them. I personally love them."