24. Confession

I hope you guys are loving the book and spreading the word. Thanks for all your support

_____________________________________________

Chris' POV

There were only two days till the new year.  For most people that meant a fresh start. For me that also meant a clean break. I wasn't going to live in the past anymore. I will not let it taunt me.

I hadn't been out of the house since the funeral. My phone was filled with missed calls and messages. I had a lot of soul searching to do. I didn't bother with distractions.

The best part of it all was that I could finally think clearly. But first things first. I needed to shower.

The cool water on my skin was refreshing. When I got out Michael was sitting on my bed, I was guessing waiting for me.

"Michael?" I questioned his visit.

"No one’s heard from you in days. I had to make sure you were still alive."

Michael didn't scare often but I knew he was worried about me.

"And kicking." He didn't seem to take my joke lightly.

I went to my dresser and pulled on some jeans. How could I tell him I was ok?  More like convince him I was fine.

"Everything is going to be fine Michael. I'm ok now."

His skeptical look was not a good indication.

"Baby did you find-" Sarah burst into my room and stopped mid-sentence when she noticed my bare chest.  "Him."

Maybe I should have put a shirt on. 

"Yuppp" He popped the p.

To make it less awkward, I turned and put a random shirt on.

I went and sat on the computer chair, facing them.

"Chris how are you?"

Her sympathy was so sweet I felt it choking me.

"Better. I promise you." That was the honest truth.

Michael sighed. "There's something you're not telling us. Chris I'm here for you. We're all here for you. There had to be something else going on for you to attack that doctor."

Sarah looked anxious and on the edge. Michael was just waiting for me to tell him.

"Would you believe me if I told you he started it?"

"And what would Dr. Stevens have against you?"

He was questioning my accusation like it was that farthest thing from the truth.

"Laura," I whispered but knew they heard me.

Michael was extremely confused but Sarah was smiling at me like she was watching a romantic part in a movie. Something was telling me she knew.

"I've done some things I'm ashamed of."

"Chris everyone has."

I shook my head. "Not like this. Around your wedding, I... I started to use Laura."

Michael sat back, mind boggled.

"I'm disgusted with myself for doing so. I physically used her for my own sick twisted selfish reasons. But eventually we emotionally fell for each other."

Michael threw his hands up in surrender. "Wait, what?"

"They hated each other and were hurting physically and emotionally. They used each other," Sarah gave me a love struck look. "But then they fell in love."