7. Wanting You

Laura's POV

After a few more hours of just hanging around we all decided to pack up the gear and head home since the sun was going to set any minute. I did my best trying to avoid all contact with Chris. I'm sure I kept at least a five foot radius away from him. 

"Aaron?"

He jammed the last sleeping bag into the back of the Acura and turned to me once he was sure it wouldn't come out. 

"Yeah Laura," he was smiling at me and I'm sure he was curious why I called his name. 

I wanted to talk about what happened between us today but I wasn't sure this was the time. I dont' know what his intentions were but I know I had to make it clear. But to be honest that wasn't why I wanted to talk to him. 

"I need you to do me a favor."

He crossed his arms over his chest and smirked at me. "Actually you owe me a favor, remember. I didn't push you in the water."

Man he was right. Tommy pushed me in. I bit my lip. "Really?" Maybe if I play the dumb card he'll go easy on me. 

He nodded playfully and his adorable dimples showed up. Aww why was he so cute? "Oh yes Laura you promised to do anything." 

Please go easy on me. "I guess I did. Alright Aaron what do you want?" 

Aaron innocently looked at me with his hazel eyes for a few seconds before turning to shut the trunk and then lean against the car. "I won't tell you right now. I'll save it for later."

What? Why would he do that?

"So what is it you wanted from me Laura?"

Oh right. "I umm I need you to promise me a seat next to you with whatever car you decide to go in." This way I was sure I wouldn't be next to Chris for the next few hours.

Aaron looked at me like he was waiting for an ultimatum. I guess he did have the right to look at me that way since it was a rather wierd request.

"I just don't want be next to someone I don't get along with," I gave a pointed stare towards Ren like it was her who was bothering me. 

Aaron shook his head with understanding. "I'd love your company Laura."

"Good."

We didn't look away from each other. I wanted to but for some reason I felt I shouldn't. 

"Hey Aaron!" 

Aaron ended up breaking our locked gaze to look at Michael. "What?"

"Can you drive the Honda? Angelo has to work in the morning so he doesn't want to drive back home." 

Aaron looked at me and smiled. The Honda was the really packed car that had only room for two people: the driver and passenger. 

"Buddy system. I'm riding with Aaron," I yelled at Michael while claiming my seat on the passenger side. 

Aaron laughed and got in as well. Not long after we were back on the highway heading for home. I was happy about it too because honestly I was getting tired of being eaten alive by bugs. 

The stack of CDs on the side door caught my attention and I started going through them. I popped one in called "summer mix" and started singing along when a song by Justin Timberlake played. 

Aaron kept glancing my way every once in a while with a goofy look on his face. He was probably trying his best to keep from laughing out loud. I didn't care though. It was a great song.