Chapter Twenty

The length is very short because it's past midnight and I just need to sleep. But I have so much writing I need to finish, including a special suprise...

Chapter Twenty

Trent

Violet eventually fell asleep. I couldn't, thinking about the nights events. The only things that were running through my mind were:

a) Why didn't I ever tell Violet?

And b) I had to kill me sister.

The one that hurt the most was killing Izzabela. How the heck would I do that? The only reason I ever understood my powers was because of her. My sister. The words weren't right anymore. She wasn't my sister... she was the enemy. The cruel enemy. Killing her would be hard, but it wasn't Izzabela anymore. It was... a messed up version of Izzabela... something had mutated her. I couldn't think of any explanation to how this had happened. Things just happen. I hate that, but it's true.

Violet

Sleeping wasn't simple. It took me a while to fall asleep, and I knew Trent wouldn't any time soon. Besides me being selfish and jerk like, he would have to kill Izzabela. I don't think I could do that. I wouldn't be able to kill my older brother... wait, never mind. I would be able to. Dad and him deserved it.

Of course, there's always the fact of what the angels have planned- what God has planned for us. But to me, nothing mattered right now. I just wanted peace. Ever since I'd come to Taylor's, I've had no peace... or sleep, really. I mean sure, a few good nights here and there. But I spent most of my time worrying about all of this. Who would die? Me? Trent? Izzabela? Landon? Pheonix? Amy? James already had.

Things are... complicated. No matter how much you'd want to be able to control an element, believe me, it's not easy. It comes with the crazies, the enemies, the normals, and the creepers.

At about three, I woke up. Trent was finally asleep, thank God. He needed it. I doubt he ever sleeps anymore. A few seconds later, I heard something outside of the door. I stayed quiet, wondering what it was. Good person or bad? Friend or enemy? I had no clue. I just closed my eyes and drifted back into sleep.

When I woke, Caitlyn sat on the vanity's little bench. "Hello, Violet."

Trent stirred at her voice and sat up, "What? Oh, hey."

She waved slightly. "How's it goin'?"

"Crapily."

"That's not a word."

I shook my head, "Do I look like I care?"

"Nope," she said, popping the p.

I sighed as I stood up. "Where's all of the action in this? I hate it! Why can't we be normal? Or fighting?"

Trent just stared at me. Caitlyn had a shocked look on her face, yet she'd been expecting this to come.

"You don't want action," she warned. Then she dissolved into nothing.