Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Violet

I held my breath as I leaned over. "Ouch," I groaned. I clutched my stomach and leaned backwards. "Aw, crap, that really hurts!"

"You okay?" Trent asked, looking at my stomach and frowning. "You got cut pretty bad," he said, lifting me off the ground.

"OW!" I complained loudly.

"Shut up. The less you talk the less it hurts!"

I closed my mouth.

He smiled, "That's better."

I frowned.

"Just be calm. Again, it'll get better. And training'll get easier."

I nodded, still frowning. Before I knew it, I was lying on a bed in the infirmary.

"What did she do?" Nurse Juel asked Trent.

"Cut from her own power. She was just practicing and lost control."

"And what grade?"

"Eighth."

Her eyebrows raised, "Eighth, huh? They usually don't lose control until tenth of eleventh."

"Our class is pretty powerful this year."

She nodded, "So I've learned."

Nurse Juel asked me how I got hurt.

"My element..."

She nodded, "What element, hun?"

"Um, humanity."

"Okay. What were you practicing?"

"Channeling my power."

"Interesting..." She grabbed some kind of bandage off of her table and told me to sit up. "I'm going to wrap this around your stomach, okay? It may hurt or tickle. Or both."

I frowned, but sat up anyways. She lightly wrapped it around me, but if felt like I was getting stitches. I bit my lip to keep myself from screaming.

"You'll be okay now. Just take it easy. No field activity for a while, okay?"

I nodded as I got off of the bed. "M'kay." I walked as fast as I could back to my room. I plopped down on my bed, pulling out my phone.

Scrolling through my contacts, I chose Trent:

No field acts. for me :(

A few seconds later I got a reply:

That sucks. :/

My fingers flew over the keyboard:

Guess I should sleep now. Nighty-night!

I waited longer, but his responce was short:

Night.

Frowning at the message, I put my phone away. I changed and then pulled back the covers to my bed. I crawled in, so tired, I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

My eyes fluttered open and I saw Caitlyn smiling at me. "God! What are you doing? In here to be exact!"

She frowned, "We're gonna go shopping."

"We're allowed to leave school grounds?"

"Always! Why do you think we have cars!"

"And why are we shopping?"

She laughed, "The fall dance, no duh!"

"Dance? Oh my God! I can't dance!"

"Doesn't matter. Trent's a good dancer."

I frowned, "I know, but he never-"

"If your in a relationship, you go together, 'kay?"

My frown deepened, but I said, "Okay."

We hit a small store with thousands of dresses with jewels.

"How do I look?" Caitlyn asked, walking out of the dressing room. She wore a puffy red dress with so many jewels she glowed.

I smiled, "Perfect."

"Your turn!"

"What? No!"

She laughed, "Just try this on!" She handed me a bright blue silky dress. I stepped into the room without a fight and changed. I stepped back out and looked at myself in the mirror.

"HOT!" some guy yelled across the store.

"Am I?" I asked Caitlyn.

She laughed again, "Um, duh!"

I changed into my regular clothes again and we bought our dresses.

When we got back, Caitlyn said the dance was tonight.

"TONIGHT?!" I asked, alarmed.

"Yeah, so let's go get ready."

Caitlyn left at seven, and I finished with my hair. Appearantly, Trent was going to be here at seven thirty. I had my door opened just a crack.

"Hey," Trent said, making me jump.

"Don't scare me like-" I stopped as I looked at him. He looked really cute. His hair looked normal, he wore a red top, untucked, a tie, and black pants.

"Think I'm hot, do ya?" he laughed.

"I'm hotter," I smiled at him.

"Let's go."

I laughed, "Okay."

Just to let you know, the next part is where the REAL action begins.

~goddessoflife~