Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Violet

After the whole "WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!" crap finished I went to my room. And yeah, we all get our own rooms. I changed into my pajamas and turned on the TV when I heard a knock at my door. I frowned. Who could that be? I glanced at the clock. It was almost midnight. Another knock. I finally walked over to the door and opened it.

"Hey," Trent said, still in his day clothes, "Can I come in?"

My mouth opened but no words came out. Why was he here? "Uh, sure..."

"Cool," he said, stepping in.

"So, what do you need?" I asked, sitting down on my bed.

He joined me. "Just wanted to hang out. We have time. No class tomorrow, it's Saturday."

"Okay," I nodded. "So, how do we learn to control our elements? I don't quite get it..."

"Well, not what I wanted to talk about, but okay."

"What do you want to talk about, then?"

"Anything that doesn't have to do with school."

"Um, okay. Than how about food?"

He shrugged, "I like food. My favorite is stake."

"I hate stake! So nasty! I like chicken, though."

"Chicken is for chickens," he said.

I smiled, "Coundn't've come up with something better?"

He laughed, "No."

James

I flipped on the TV and tried to find something to watch. I finally settled for "George Lopez." I kept on blinking, hoping not to fall asleep. It'd suck if I did, because this was my favorite episode. But, I did fall asleep. And I dreamed about Reagan.

In my dream, she wore a light orange cami and jeans. She had her hair pulled back and a huge smile on her face.

Then I saw myself. And every other person who had been on that bus today. There were at least sixty of us. I saw her talking to that one girl who controls thunder, Pheonix. And I also saw Violet, talking with Trent. Caitlyn stood of to the side, staring at her hand in awe. I saw her mouth move slightly when she looked up at Nolan. "Water."

"Cool," I heard Nolan say. "I'm blood."

Blood? That, besides darkness, is a pretty crappy element. I mean, you don't have much control over anything.

"They'll kill us!" Luci said, with Izzabela at her side.

"I know, and that's why no one can know!"

With that, I woke up.

Izzabela

"I know," I whispered to Luci, "That's why no one can know!"

She bit her lip. "What if we get caught?"

"Why the heck would they think it was us? We're in the school, and I'm a star student, so it doesn't matter that much. They'd let me off with a warning."

"And me?" she asked.

"They'd kill you," I said dismissevly.

She shivered. "I'm going to my room now," she said, getting up. The door slammed behind her.

Luci

Oh God. I can't do this! Betray my own race! It's wrong! And twisted! And-

"Watch it!" Brei yelled, as I almost knocked her over.

"Oh, um, sorry," I said, and picked up the pace to my room.

Izzabela was wrong. Killing everyone wasn't the answer to our problems. Even though it could be, it just wasn't! I plopped down on my bed and began to cry. If I stood up to her, said she was wrong, she'd kill me herself, and then tell everyone that I had an "accident" with my element, as that happens all of the time to beginners.

I snuggled beneath the sheets and fell asleep instantly.