The Trackers and the Trailers

• Dedicated to redhawks on Fanpop

Hey guys! Before I start, I'm going to need some help! Once you've read the story, please tweet, facebook like, and vote because I'll need popularity points! I'm entering this particular story into the Watty Awards! Now, I'll try to complete it by the 29th of September, the day before the deadline. So that means writing whenever it's possible. Well, here we go!

Prolouge

Violet

"Ms. Rowverezz?" Mr. Thomason's voice came over the loud speaker, interupting English class.

She stopped grading papers and looked up. "Yes?"

"Is Violet Gosuhras in your class?"

"Yes," she repeated, except it was a fact, not a question. "Why?"

Mr. Thomason was our princapal, so I was still stunned he was the one on the loud speaker, not the secratary, Mrs. Carem.

"We need to speak with her."

My stomach suddemly twisted. I'd been good lately! What did I do? Oh, God, my mom is going to kill me if I get in trouble again!

Ms. Rowverezz nodded at me to go, so I stood up. As I passed Trent, he lightly touched my hand and slid a sticky note into it. I held it tightly as I walked up to my teacher for the hall pass. "I don't know what you did," she said, so only I could hear, "but I wish you luck."

Oh great! My teacher is wishing me luck. This is not good. I took the hall pass from her and stepped into the hall. I saw my reflection in the wall long mirror that the school had put up last month. I have jet black hair and gray eyes. I have high cheekbones and full lips. I turned away from myself, and began the short, but agonizing walk to the main office.

Pheonix

I sat in the office, scared. What had I done? I'm not a bad kid. I'm the smart one that gets picked on for all A's on my report card. I've been like that since kindergarden. And now here I am, eight years later, and nothing has changed.

Mrs. Carem looked up from her seat and said, "Pheonix, you may go in now."

I gulped and said, "Thank you."

I opened the door to Mr. Thomason's office and a fresh breeze blew my hair around, even though there were no windows open. It smelled like gym socks and paint. Ugh, that's nasty.

Mr. Thomason turned and looked up at me. "Pheonix, have a seat, we have a lot to go over."

I sat down in one of two very hard chairs and frowned. "Um, Mr. Thomason, what exactly did I do?"

"It's not what you did," he said, "It's what you didn't do."

Trent

As soon as I heard Mr. Thomason's voice, I made the note. It was simple, really. It said:

Don't trust Mr. Thomason.

I promise you that I'm the one to trust.

Take Pheonix and meet me at Emerald Park's water fountain after seventh hour.

So, all she needed to do was show up.

Now, you see, I've been trained my whole life just for this. Just for this crazy crap that's supposed to happen anytime now. But I don't think we're even close.

I don't think we will be for a long time.

Long enough for me to grow old and die, at least.

Now, when Violet walked passed me, I knew she was more freaked about getting in more trouble than the fate of the universe. She wore a pink headband with a bow, a white skirt, and a light pink cami with a gray sweater to top it all off. I know how that works. When I was five and my sister was seven, she and her friends would dress me up in their outfits' and mom's make up. I was a strange child, because I let them. I've only ever had one friend, and that's Violet. So, she better trust me.

Caitlyn

My mind was somewhere else when I was asked to answer a question in fifth hour Spanish.

"Caitlyn? Are you there?" Mrs. Romer asked.

"Um," C'mon Caitlyn, make something up! I thought. "I feel sick," I lied.

"Go to the main office. Here's the pass."

"Um, thanks..." I stepped into the hall and ran to the parking lot, only to be stopped by the locked doors and security camera.

"Going somewhere?" a voice said over the loud speaker.

"Um, I forgot to check out...sorry..." I rushed into the office, almost bumping into Violet Gosuhras as I stepped over the treshold.

"Here you go, Ms. Allter."

Our secratary handed me a clipboard with the names and times of everyone who'd left that day. I looked at the page and sighned my name and passed it back to her.

I hurried back our and sighed as I grabbed my bike and sat on the seat.

"Time to face mom," I said aloud.