The Trackers and the Trailers

Okay, in this part, you're going to meet a new character. You'll see...

~goddessoflife~

Chapter Three

Caitlyn

I walked into the front door that lead to the kitchen to find my older brother, Ashton, drinking out of the milk jug. My brother is 127 pounds of stupid.

"Pig," I muttered as I passed him to grab an apple.

He looked at me and laughed. "Pig? You think you could say something like-"

"I don't want to know the new swear you learned from Kalli today."

Kalli is Ashton's idiot girlfriend. I mean, who would date Ashton, and I'm not saying that because he's my brother.

He shrugged, "Well, you're in a bad mood. Worse than usual. What's up?"

"I know some things you don't," I said.

"You sure 'bout that?"

"Yeah," I almost said it as a whisper.

"And it has to do with...?"

"Trent," I said quietly.

"Oh," he grimced, "your link."

I nodded.

"What happened?"

"Well, I was in fifth hour Spanish when it happened. I just got intent on the link, and I needed to get out of there. I don't know how it hit. All I know is that it's worse."

His face looked like, well, this: ?

"Everytime he's with Violet it gets worse. He doesn't know about the link yet, though."

I frowned, "How can he not? You're over emotinal, you think he'd feel that."

I nodded, thinking about how it all started...

I had been five and Ashton was seven. It had been a Saturday morning and my mom was in the kitchen, my dad had just left for the hospital (He works there, what can I say?) and we had Trent with us. He sat in the corner, as Ashton tried to coax him over with licorice. My mom had screamed and ran out of the house. The fire was spreading fast and Ashton grabbed me and told me, "Do NOT touch the yellow stuff. It'll hurt you." I had nodded and yelled at Trent, but he shook his head. Ashton told me to get out, but I didn't want to leave him. Eventually, the two of us got out, but Trent was burned. Too burned to heal. So, I don't know how I did it, but I put my hands on his chest. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, Trent was fine. That's how we got the link.

"Yeah, you think he would," I said.

Emalie

"Who would?" I asked, pushing past Ashton to the fridge.

Ashton and Caitlyn exchanged glances, but I got it. No nine year olds are allowed to know.

"Why don't you go play with your dolls," Ian ran passed me, laughing.

Ian is the evilest twin ever. Of coarse, you wouldn't know that.

I grabbed a piece of cake (that last piece, in fact) and sat down at the table. Right as I was about to take a bite, Ian grabbed the plate and licked the cake.

"Eww!" I said, even though I was laughing. I was still going to eat it. I can't be affraid of my brother's spit.

I saw, out of the corner of my eye, Ashton and Caitlyn trying to escape. Ian caught what I was looking at and whispered, "What's going on?"

I shrugged, "I wish I knew," I whispered back.

"Follow," he was still whispering, "but be quiet."

We followed them to the living room and pressed our backs against the wall.

"...and I just don't know why!" Caitlyn said, her voice getting high.

"We'll figure it out. And, as for the fate of the world-"

"Universe!"

"-universe," he corrected, "just ask him."

"Why?"

"You can trust him, seeing into his mind and all.

WHAT?!?

Ian looked at me, "This is bad," he mouthed.

"I know," I mouthed back.