Chapter Eighteen

I know that this is short, and I'm sorry. It's just that I have two English reports due and a huge EC math test coming up. And exams start in January, which isn't that far away...

So, I've been busy. Oh, and I skate four nights a week, and next year it'll be five.

Now, here's a short little chapter that's kind of stupid, but okay.

Chapter Eighteen

Izzabela

"You'll regret this," I breathed.

"I swear I won't," she whispered so quietly, so venomously, it scared me. Me. And I'm important, and if this girl can scare me, we're all screwed. I glared at her, hiding my fear. It must have been flying off of my skin, because she began to smirk.

"Wipe that smirk off of your face before I have to do it for you," I threatened, raising my hands.

"I dare you," she said.

Violet

I felt a lot better, actually having blood in me again. Trent said that the only people left on the grounds were the returned students, a few guards, and Izzabela.

Everyone else wanted to get Izzabela and the guards, and there is was the fact that I wasn't supposed to move around too much after getting all of that blood.

Trent sat next to me on my bed and sighed.

"You can go fight," I said, "It's okay if I'm by myself for a little bit."

"No," he said.

I rolled my eyes, "I swear Trent, you're overprotective!"

Now he rolled his eyes. "Vi, I don't want someone to find you while you can't fight. I'd be freaking out the whole time!"

"Trent, C'mere." Trent walked over to me and sat on my bed.

"Yes?"

I kissed him.

After a minute or two, he pulled back, letting our foreheads continue touching. "That was for?"

"Why do you ask?" I breathed. I leaned in and kissed him again.

Izzabela

I stared through the window, hoping that I wouldn't be seen.

Trent was just standing up and I realized they were arguing. Violet motioned for him to come over. He reluctantly walked over. She kissed him... and whoa. Even though I hate him, I couldn't help but be upset that my brother was kissing-excuse me-making out, with his...

I screamed.

Violet

A scream cut off our kiss as we raced to the window, just in time to see Izzabela plummeting towards the ground, her long black braid flowing above her. She evaporated before hitting the ground.

"She's off the grounds!" I said happily.

Trent sighed, "But not dead. She would've been if-!" He cut himself off, looking at me.

"If it wasn't for me believing her..."

"Don't blame yourself," he whispered in my ear.

I sighed, "It's my fault, though."

"No," he said, "It's mine. I kept her secret in the first place."

"What was that secret?"

He stared out the window, eyes fixed on a tree that had no leaves, "Amy," was all he said.

One more thing, the story is almost over...

well, the first book out of five (yes, five!).

I have about three or four chapters left.

~goddessoflife~