Chapter 27

Rainfeather crashed into Secretstar, and sent them both sprawling.

Secretstar leaped to her paws only to face a very angry Rainfeather.

"Well well, I should've known." Secretstar purred, beginning to circle Rainfeather.

Rainfeather growled defiantly, leaped at Secretstar and clawed her face.

Secretstar hissed and fought back, raking her claws down Rainfeather's flank.

Rainfeather turned and sunk her teeth into Secretstar's ear, who in return leaped onto Rainfeather's back and sunk her claws in.

Rainfeather yowled in pain and rolled over, squishing Secretstar beneath her.

Rainfeather took the opportunity to grab her scruff and shake violently, the same move she had used to kill Cloudspots.

She hissed and threw Secretstar back, and knocked her down again before she could get up.

"I've taught you well, Rainfeather.But not well enough." She smirked, then unsheathed her long claws and slashed Rainfeather's throat.

Rainfeather screeched and stumbled back, before collapsing on the ground.

Her vision started to blur as Secretstar padded up to her, and raised her paw in the air to give the killing blow.

Everything seemed to slow down as Secretstar brought her claws down.

Rainfeather thought of what would happen if she didn't get rid of Secretstar. The dark forest would rule everything, more innocent cats would be slaughtered, and she would've let not only Nightpaw down, but all four clans as well.

The fate of everyone rested on her shoulders.

Thinking fast, she rolled out of the way, and Secretstar's claws scraped against the dirt.

"Deciding to still fight eh?" Secretstar chuckled.

Things were still blurry as Rainfeather ducked because of Secretstar leaping at her.

With another loud battle cry, Rainfeather ran towards Secretstar and sank her teeth into her throat.

Secretstar clearly wasn't expecting such a fast move, and Rainfeather smirked as she bit harder.

The light from Secretstar's eyes faded, and she dropped to the ground.

Dead.