Chapter 24

Cats gasped and hissed as she entered.

"What is she doing here?!" Willowbreeze growled and other cats nodded in agreement.

Rainfeather ignored their screeches of protest and followed Hopestar up onto the high ledge.

She put her paw up to silence them, but it took a few moment before the cave was fully silent.

Hopestar nodded to Rainfeather and stepped back, allowing her to step forward and give her speech.

"I know you all hate me." She started, but was cut off as cats yowled in agreement.

Rainfeather waited for them to quiet down before speaking again.

"And I know I've made mistakes.. mistakes that can't be fixed with a simple 'sorry'. And I know you all probably don't believe a word I'm saying, but you have to believe me. There is a battle coming, Tomorrow night. The Dark Forest will attack the clans and attempt to take us and all of StarClan over."

Cats stared in shock, while others snorted in disbelief.

"I think it's best to gather all of the clans at the Gathering Cave, because safety comes in numbers. We need to send messengers out to all of the clans to warn and prepare them for the upcoming battle."

Some cats were still unsure, but others cheered on.

"Alright. Stormfire, could you go to DawnClan?"

Stormfire nodded and padded to the entrance of the cave.

"Spottedoak to MorningClan and Blackfrost to NightClan. We also need to increase training and make sure we have enough fresh-kill and herbs."

Spottedoak and Blackfrost raced out of camp, and the rest of the camp cheered and went to go do what was needed.

Rainfeather smiled and stepped back, observing the work she had done.

Hopestar gave a small nod to her before leaping off. "You've done good
Rainfeather, you've done very good."
_______________
HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING YAY!