Chapter 18

"Still, Rainfeather. I've known you my whole life.. please.. I know you can stop yourself." She quietly whispered before dashing off.

Rainfeather thought about what she had said. Stop killing?

She was snapped out of her thoughts as she heard leaves crackling.

Something- or someone was near her den. She quietly got up and padded over to the entrance.

Looking around, she only saw large pine trees and snow. But among all of this white and green, she spotted Amberkit padding in the snow and leaves.

She crawled out of her den and behind the kit, who didn't notice we till it was too late.

She let out a loud screech before she dropped dead. Rainfeather heard paw steps nearing, and no place to hide. She looked up into the trees and leaped up on the lowest branch.

"Amberkit!" Poppyfrost screeched as she saw Amberkit's bloody body laying in the snow.

"Rainfeather..." she sobbed. "Do you just want my life to be miserable? You've killed my mate, my sister, and now both of my kits.." she meowed, her voice quivering with grief.

Rainfeather watched with sadness as Poppyfrost sobbed as she carried her dead kit back to camp.

She had to end this.
_______________________
It's short, I know, but I felt this was a good place to stop :3