Chapter Four

Rainpaw leaped up and lashed out with her paw, clawing the cat in the face. The cat quickly responded by back flipping and using her hind paws to kick Rainpaw and send her flying. Rainpaw hit the sand with a small thud, but she wasn't going to give up. She leaped at the cat with full force, knocking her over.

"Good!" The cat said, clawing her flank in the same spot as last time which caused the wound to reopen. Rainpaw hissed painfully and slashed the cats neck as she leaped at her. The cat swiftly turned and darted from side to side, confusing Rainpaw. Then she leaped and pinned Rainpaw down.

"When a cat does that be sure you make the first move." The cat said, letting her grip off of her. Rainpaw nodded. "We will meet here tomorrow for more training. You might as well know now. My name is Secretstar."

That names sounded familiar, but she had never really listened to any of the elders stories, so she wasn't sure.

***

Rainpaw woke the next morning to Redstar calling a clan meeting. She dashed out of the den and sat in the clearing, swiftly licking her fur flat to cover wounds.

"Hopepaw, Sunpaw, and Rainpaw, please step forward!" He called, Rainpaw and her sisters stepping forward. "Do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?" Rainpaw hesitated, thinking about the Dark Forest and Secretstar. "I do." She finnaly said, her sisters saying the same.

"Then I, Redstar, leader of DuskClan call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. They have trained hard to learn the ways of your noble code, and I commend them warriors in their return. From this moment on you shall be known as Hopespirit, Sunshard, and Rainfeather!"

Rainfeather smiled as the cats cheered their new names. She had finnaly become a warrior. Rainfeather looked over to see a thin outline of a cat. She saw the piercing cold gaze of the eyes and knew it was Secretstar.

When the ceremony was over she padded over. "Don't worry. No one but you can see me." She said. Rainfeather nodded. "What are you doing here?" She asked. Secretstar stepped forward, flicking her ears over to Sunshard, who was watching her. When Rainfeather glanced over she quickly padded away.

"It is the Dark Forest's time to rise. I have come to ask if you will join us." Rainfeather nodded and grinned. "Of course." She said. Secretstar nodded and vanished, leaving Rainfreather to wonder what she'd have to do. Get more cats to join? She had no idea.

***

Rainfeather padded out of the cave and curled up under a tree, wanting to wake in the Dark Forest. Soon she woke in the familiar thick oak tree barrier, and sniffed around for Secretstar.

"Hello Rainfeather." said a familiar voice. She turned to see Secretstar. "Rainfeather, you are true Dark Forest now. You must kill to earn your spot here."

Rainfeather stiffened. She liked learning better battle moves, but to use them on her clanmates?

---------------------------------------------

Thanks for over 100 reads :D! I gladly appreciate it and will update more soon. ^^

~Elaina