23- Sick and Ill

long chapter finally :)

Chapter 23

The minute that Louis woke up the next morning, he knew that something was wrong. He felt like absolute shît, and it wasn't just from the hangover. His nose was stuffed and he could barely move a muscle. The room felt like it was under freezing temperature, his blanket not giving him the warmth that his body so badly needed.

Louis turned to his other side to get a little more comfortable but was met with a cold surface. He shivered in response, his teeth chattering. Louis attempted to let out a noise of frustration before he started coughing. He covered his head by pulling the blanket over it.

It's so fùcking cold, Louis thought to himself.

It kind of sucked that Harry wasn't there with him. He had apparently gone home with a girl last night. Louis understood the double meaning behind that. He was a little disappointed at first that Harry just left him like that, but then that disappointment switched to anger; not towards Harry but more towards the girl.

Louis still remembered the argument he had with Zayn the night before. It wasn't something he could forget easily. He had to admit that Zayn had a point. But at the same time, what Zayn didn't know was that his friendship with Harry was an odd one. He couldn't really explain it to Zayn if he couldn't explain it to himself.

But then again, what kind of good friends have been through what Harry and Louis have? They went from hating each other to forming a tight friendship with each other. Hell, they've gotten each other off. Although, Louis tried not to think about that too much. He wasn't even sure how it started in the first place, whatever 'thing' it was that they used to have going on. It was as if every time either one of them got angry, they would end up kissing or touching each other in some way.

That's not a very straight thing to do, is it? Louis thought to himself. Louis was sure that Zayn would flip if he found out---not that he needed to. Louis was almost certain neither him nor Harry would go around spreading that anyway. Harry probably chose to forget about it so that's that.

Louis whimpered at the chill that passed through his bones. He had slept in merely a thin shirt and boxers, regretting that decision right away. He wanted to get up and dress into something warmer but was afraid to leave the warmth of his bed. His body won the battle when he quickly jumped out of his bed, running to his closet, and grabbed a thick burgundy sweater and grey sweat pants. He put them on quickly before laying back in bed, wrapping the blankets around him tightly.

The cold never bothered me anyway, Louis thought to himself begrudgingly. And with that, he fell asleep, hoping he would wake up feeling a little better.

He didn't.

In fact, sleep was hardly what Louis would call his repetitive states of twenty minute slumber. His body was sore and hot on the outside but cold in the inside. He just wanted to bang his head on the wall and die. That was surely the only way to end this 'labyrinth of suffering.'

Louis was about to close his eyes in a feeble attempt to fall back asleep but was interrupted when his phone rang. He moved his hand around to find it, not nearly having enough energy to get up and look for it properly. He grabbed it from underneath his chest, sliding the call without even looking at it.

"Where the fúck are you?" An older voice yelled full of anger. It was Jerry, and from what Louis could tell, he was not happy. The older boss hardly ever cursed but when he did, that's how people knew that they fūcked up badly.

"Sorry Jerry," Louis apologized, his voice hoarse. The cast was supposed to be shooting today but Louis' simply could not muster up the strength to go.