09- Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right

sorry idk why there's weird spacing in certain paragraphs. it's normal when I look at it under 'create' but not when I read it??

Chapter 9

It was three in the morning when the plane had finally landed in Berlin--or so Louis thought. He honestly had no idea what the time difference was but from seeing how dark it was outside, he could tell it was late, which meant it was time to sleep. He was extremely exhausted and the jet lag wasn't helping one bit.

He caught a taxi just outside the airport, not even bothering to talk to any of the other actors, actresses, or crew. He was in a bad state and communicating with people would only put him in a foul mood.

He gave the driver the address to the hotel, not knowing whether or not he spoke English. Did people in Germany even speak English? He was too tired to ask so he sat back and peered out the window, trying not to fall asleep on the way there. It was tempting, but with a strong will, he managed not to.

Louis pulled out a few dollars to pay the driver when he realized that he only had American dollars. He was so caught up on trying to leave the airport that he completely forgot to exchange currency. What kind of money did people in Germany even use? The universe must have something against him. He just knew it.

"No no," The taxi driver said in a strong German accent, "it's fine. I take it."

Louis sighed in relief, thanking him. The world needed more people like the chubby, old man in front of him. What a lifesaver.

He then trudged into the hotel with his things, checking in with the reservation number Jerry had given him. The bell boy took Louis' suitcase and put it into one of those carts people really only saw in movies before taking it with him to the elevator. Louis followed after him, the room card in his hand.

He stood outside the room, inserting the room card into the slot before hearing it unlock. The bell boy put Louis' suitcase in the room. Louis thanked him before shutting the door.

Louis' jaw dropped when he stepped foot into the room. It wasn't just a room. He was staying in a fucking luxury suite. Jerry hadn't mentioned anything about a suite but he at least did something right.

Louis walked into an area that kind of looked like a living room. There was a letter sitting atop the TV stand.

Louis, Harry

I know you guys are wondering why I put you in a room together, considering the fact that you hate each other. But, at the meeting when I said no one had chemistry, I didn't mean you. You both have amazing chemistry on screen and you really sell it to the audience. I put you in this room together so that maybe, somehow, someway, that chemistry can be used outside the movie. Kind of like best friends on screen, best friends off screen you know? Just something other than enemies. Hatred isn't a good thing to feel. I want you to understand that.

And I know you're pissed, especially you Louis, but this is for the best. Let's just hope this isn't going to turn into a huge disaster. I'm watching you. I have a good feeling about this. Don't let me down.

Jerry

Louis didn't know what to feel about what Jerry said in the letter. He appreciated the fact that Jerry was trying to do something good out of the bottom of his heart, but him and Harry? Friends? There was a higher chance of him fucking a cactus blindfolded than there was of him befriending Harry. And not just friends, best friends? People always said to dream big, but hell, this was definitely not what they were talking about.

Louis put the letter back where he found it. Harry would probably see it when he got there and maybe get a better understanding on why they were put together in the first place.