Chapter 18: Broke heart.

Small warning: This short chapter may be sensitive to certain people

Small warning: This short chapter may be sensitive to certain people. Dallas speaks of the incident which happened in BOOK 2. CHAPTER 19.

December 24th, 2011. 6:14 P.M.

Bianca was beginning to become antsy, and wondered where Dallas could possibly be. He had been gone for a while, so Bianca excused herself from the table. She ambled outside where he was supposed to be, but couldn't find him. 

Her chest clenched at the idea of him leaving without her, suddenly she saw him, he seemed rather preserved. The top of his shoes and his shoulders were caked in snow, "What, are you trying to turn into a snow man?" Bianca wisecracked. 

Dallas twisted around to reveal that the dense vapour that billowed in the air above him wasn't from a cigarette but from the crisp temperature, "I don't smoke much anymore." he informed, which seemed rather out of character. His grin took a weakened blow.

It hit Bianca that she might not know him as who he is now, and sparked an acute awareness that he wasn't the same person. Dallas stood hunched over like he was frozen, jittering in the winter weather. She brushed the flakes of ice that speckled in his hair, "I think we need to talk." she gulped, knowing this might be a touchy moment, "Let's go in the car, it's warm in there."

Both of them go to the car, and settle inside. Bianca doesn't waste time, they needed to get back soon, "I want to know what has changed with you. The old Dallas would've marched right up to my mother and given her the what for. I know we've grown, but it seems like you've been taken down a few notches."

Dallas shifted uncomfortable, he seemed tense at her forwardness. He just stared straight ahead over the wheel at the windows freezing over. Out of nowhere he starts to speak, "I haven't had sex in seven years." he said in all seriousness. Bianca was unnerved by this reveal, and more so about how physically distressed he was about it. 

That part of his life was an everyday occurrence for him, he used to have girls multiple times a week, often daily but now nothing. It seemed so surreal to even imagine. "But how?" was all Bianca could think of to ask. 

"After I got sober all the memories eroded me. I kept my hands busy at work, and then never really thought about doing it again."

"Memories? the crime spree?" Bianca asked, completely forgetting about the fact that Dallas had been to jail, and lived on the streets for much of his youth. 

"No. Another night during that time, we were desperate on the road, at a motel. I left when you were asleep and went to a room with this man. There were three of them, older than me, in their fifties. The night before our wedding..." he choked, it was too painful, "...they took turns on me. I regretted every moment, but needed money, needed cash and needed that coke."

"Oh god. I didn't know." she consoled him. Dallas became a wreck, he no longer tried to suppress his emotions from her. They'd gone through too much to let them get in the way. It was clear that he was dealing with some serious mental demons, and that the substance use covered it for so long. 

Steve knocked on the window of the car, "Your mother is taking blows. Speaking about you must be off having sex with Paul somewhere." he laughed. Bianca weakly formed a grin, "I have to take Dallas home. It's sort of an emergency, I'll explain later." 

Steve leaned to see Dallas, looking rather pale and sickly. He nodded, "Of course. I'll let Delia borrow the car, we'll be over tomorrow morning to anyways."

Bianca had feared it all along, it took her years to realise it was the truth. Dallas was the most heart broken person she'd ever known. His eyes were so dark, she couldn't understand how he could see. His love was detrimental whether from him or someone else, it decayed at his feet. 

She had always thought it was him in the lead, instead she was too far ahead for him to catch up. This realisation alone killed her inside. He needed her more than she needed him.