Chapter 18

Recap:

Then out of nowhere my lovely 'sister' started to yell out insults toward me because everything about her and Ashton was reveal during the hearing.

"ENOUGH!" The judge cut her off.

After hearing all the testimonies and analyzing the evidence, the jury came to the decision that the custody of Cole Smith will go to.......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To say I was unhappy would be an understatement. The judge had given both Ashton and I the shared custody of Cole. During the week, Cole would stay with me. However, he would be at Ashton's on the weekends. In addition, everything related to Cole would be decided by the two of us.

I could hear my sister's cheers over the fact that I did not win the case.

"That's what you deserve for taking away what belongs to me!" she yelled.

"Shut up already." I sighed, tired of her berations.

I lost the case, and throughout the entire time, my dear sister insulted and yelled at me. I couldn't let go of the fact that she testified against me to help Ashton win the case, and I was ticked.

"Enough." the judge stated firmly. It seems that I wasn't the only one that was tired of her interruptions and smart remarks.

"Security, escort Ms. Britney out of the courtroom." he boomed, and as the officers approached her, she yelled,

"How dare you! Do you have any idea who I am? She should be the one being escorted out! She hid her son from his father and took him away from us!"

"Britney, shut up." my ex-mother said, trying to reason with her. I could see the apprehension in her eyes, as whenever Britney gets mad, she loses control and starts blurting things she's not supposed to.

"Why, mother?" she sneered, "She doesn't deserve anything. She is just a scum that you took pity on-" She tried to continue, but was escorted out hastily.

"Now, since we are over that slight interruption, I will finish my decree. Both parents will have custody of the minor Cole Smith, and , by request, the last name of the minor will be changed to correspond to his father's.. Any decision that is needed to be made related to the minor will be decided by both parents, unless one perishes or is unable of making a decision.With this stated, the court will end its section."

As I looked at Ashton, I noticed his smile. It was bright and radiant with joy and elation at the judge's verdict. As if he didn't have enough from spending the entire day with Cole yesterday from showing up to his birthday party, I thought bitterly.

(FLASHBACK)

Thanks to the media and current events, Sophia and I had to change the location of the party. There was no way I was going to cancel the party. Cole's really looking forward to it, and I can't disappoint him.

Because it was on a short notice, we had to pay a higher fee for the space; however, it didn't matter. Sophia and I decided to split the job of organizing the party. By 5a.m., we were both awake and rushing to make sure that things went smoothly. I made sure to call all the guests and tell them the new location of the party, while Sophia spoke to the catering company and the two assistants that would be helping us the change the address.

"Thank you very much for understanding about the situation, and I hope to see you at the party." Sighing with relief, I hung up on my last guest call.

"Momma, is Daddy going to come to the party?" Cole asked.

"I don't think so, but your Aunt Angel will." I responded, smiling sweetly.