Chapter 21

Recap:
"Ashton leaves please, what we once had is gone. You made sure of that and you have to understand that I am happy in my relationship. Now please leave"

"I will but because you ask me Lexy, but I won't give up on us," he said while glancing at Daniel in a challenging way.

"Just leave," I said.

After he left, the atmosphere between Daniel and I was strained.
--------------------------------------
Unedited
Alex:

I never expected to be in this situation. In one hand I can't cut ties with Ashton because that would be hurting Cole. But, he also doesn't seem to get that he needs to abstain from being involved in my romantic life. What we once have is gone and can never return to the way it was before.

"I can't stand him trying to control you Alex"  Daniel said breaking the silence.

"I know you both have Cole in common and that you could never cut ties with him, however, he needs to understand that what guys have is gone and that WE are in a relationship" he stated while looking frustrated.

"I know but, there's nothing I can do about his actions Daniel and I can't keep arguing with him about it because it's not healthy. I don't want Cole to see his parents arguing, in the mind of a young child it can confuse him and cause him to think its ok"  I said softly and sincerely.

"Plus he can't damage a relationship he has no control over. What we have is between us" I said.

"I know, , still can I ask you a favor?" He asked.

"Sure."

"Can you make sure that you guys are never really alone when you're together?" He ask.ed

I couldn't believe he just asked me that.

"Don't you trust me?" I responded indignantly.

"Of course I do, I just don't trust him. He made his intentions clear and I don't want you to be with him unless you're with Cole, me or someone. I can't stand him being with you" he stated.

"Still it's like you don't trust me. Do you honestly think I would let anything happen between us? After everything you know about me" I stated.

" Alex I trust you. It's just, you finally gave us a chance and I don't want him to walk back into your life and try to destroy the relationship we are building" he said.

I honestly understood what he meant however, his fears are what are bringing problems right now. No matter what it's our relationship and unless we let him Ashton shouldn't be able to affect it.

"Yea, and a relationship goes beyond us. If we are unable to ignore Ashton's advances then are we going to argue every single time?" I asked him.

" of course not" I said immediately and firmly.

"Great, I expect you to remember that whenever you see him because going out with you was my choice not his, and he has no say in it" I stated.

"How did I get so lucky" he stated more to himself.

"I believe we are both lucky , and now unless you want to help with my work I expect you to sit in that chair and relax while I review this new contract" I said.

"Don't worry I think I'll let you work. Do you want to have dinner?  Just us tree, you, Cole and I Friday night?" He asked.

"I would love to and I'm pretty sure Cole would like to have dinner with us" I said.

"Great," he said while coming over a giving me a peck on the lips.

"Take care," I said while closing the door.

Going back into the living room I  turn on the lights and started to review the new contract Nicholas and I were working on with London Industries. The contract could help us clear the debt my 'family' had created for my grandfather's business.

Honestly, the last two weeks have been calm. In fact, they have been too calm. After the scandal that Britney cause in court I haven't heard from any of them. Well not fully, last I heard my dear 'sister' and 'mother' have been taking advantage of their friends and massing their credit cards In order to keep up with the lifestyle they had.

Most people would say it's cruel to turn you back on the people that took care of you. However, I don't see it that way. Growing up it was either my grandfather or the help who took care of me. If it were up to them I'm pretty sure they would want me to be dead right now.

Britney( my 'sister') always made sure that I knew how much she hated me. Her words and actions were more than enough to illustrate her hatred towards. The constant bullying and the physical abuse she and her mom display towards me were enough, grandfathers and that's forgetting all the debt they acquired while they were running my grandfather's company. So far we have been able to pay fifty percent of the debt. However, we still need to clear the rest.

My grandfather had worked to hard on this company to have it be destroy by their greediness.

After an hour I had finally finish review the contract and it was good. The company would be making millions out of these deal enough to almost cover the debt. Still, just to make sure I decided to send a copy to Nick so that he can review it , and tell me if my analysis of it is correct.

The last couple of days have been calm, in fact too calm. By now I would expect one of them to be doing something to get back what is 'rightfully' theirs however, they have not. Theses causes me to believe that maybe they're planning something bigger but, just what?