Chapter 19

Recap:

He came closer, and I didn't stop him. The closer he came, the more anxious I was. When he was right in front of me, it felt as though my breath caught in my throat. He leaned forward, and followed. I didn't stop him, and I didn't feel like doing so anyway. It was time for me to move on, to start a new chapter in my life. Maybe I didn't love Daniel the way he deserves to be loved at this moment, but I realized in that moment that I cared for him deeply, and I was more than willing to give us a chance.

——————————————————

UNEDITED

Alex:

The last couple of days since I made my decision have been chaotic. Ashton has been showing up sometimes, even twice a day to see Cole. I don't mind though, Cole enjoys his company.

This afternoon he came looking for him to have a father-son bonding weekend.

FLASHBACK:

It was finally Saturday and I was more than glad. The press has yet to calm down and not going out to work allows me to evade them and their questions which are irrelevant. Today Ashton is suppose to show up to pick up Cole, since he is allow to have Cole on the weekends.

"Mamma when is papa going to come" Cole asked while he was going down the stairs.

"He will be here soon Cole. There is no need to be in a hurry" I told him.

"But we going to the park and get ice cream mamma" he said enthusiastically.

"Oh so you're eating ice cream that means no chocolate chip hotcakes today young man" I told him with a serious face.

"But mamma I want hotcakes" he whine.

"It's not healthy to eat a lot of sweets Cole. So you will the eat it another day" I said firmly.

Cole was about to respond when the door bell rang.

"I open it" he said while rushing towards the door . I walked right behind him since you can never let a kid open the door that like that without adult supervision.

"Papa" Cole said while jumping to hug Ashton.

"Hey there buddy" he said while smiling.

After he said his greeting he turn back to look at me.

"Hey, how are you" he said.

"I'm good I guess" I responded trying to keep the conversation as short ad possible.

"Can we leave" Cole said. Breaking the silence.

"Yeah, why don't you go and get you bag so that we can leave " Ashton told Cole.

"K papa" Cole responded while rushing upstairs to get his bag.

" Remember he is allergic to onions" stated firmly.