Chapter 17

Recap:

"Don't worry, we still have more chances of winning, but make sure to come to my office tomorrow morning." And with that, he said his goodbyes and hung up.

I turned around to look at Sophia with a worried expression-what Nick said had left us both worried. Maybe not informing him of Cole was not the brightest idea.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        The following day, we didn't waste any time. Sophia and I dropped Cole off with a babysitter and left to Nick's office where he was already waiting for us.

"Ok Alexandra-tell me everything he did when you try to tell him about Cole?" Nick asked me and I told him everything, which Sophia confirmed afterwards.

"Since Sophia was there with his secretary, they will both have to testify!" He exclaimed.

"However, be ready for anything and choose your words carefully, for everything you say could be used against you, Alexandra." He finished.

Sophia and I walked out knowing we had to be prepare for anything,

Upon arriving home I was met with-you guessed it-the letter from the court stating how the hearing would be held next Monday. Saying I was angry was an understatement. I knew he probably would have sued me for Cole's custody; however, I still hoped he would not.

"Call Nicholas. Alex, if it's war he wants, that’s what he'll get." Sophia stated while her eyes seemed to shine with anger-just like how mine were at the moment.

No matter what, he will NEVER take my son away from me.

(Days later)

Monday, November 17, 2014

The last couple of days have been chaotic. The media found out about the law suit, and Cole and I inherited the family fortune. To say they were having a field day couldn't even describe it. Cole has not been sent to school because the paparazzi waits right across the street just to get a picture of him. My dear 'family' has made it their mission to tell all the reporters all the 'amazing' things about how I mistreated them and took everything away from them.

Honestly, I didn't care. Even though the media was making it seem as though I was the bad one in the story, what matters is that I got to keep my son..  Today was the hearing, and Cole’s babysitter was being escorted to the house because of the paparazzi’s desperate attempts to try to get her to tell them anything.

"Mamma, when is Papa going to come over?" Cole asked again.

Ever since he meet Ashton, Cole has wanted to see him again. I know I won't be able to stop Cole from seeing his father. Every time he asked me for Ashton, his eyes would shine with excitement at the prospect of seeing his father again.