Chapter 15

Recap:

Angel told me where she was and I didn't waste any time. I went back to our table (which I had left in order to take the call), and told Daniel that I had to leave. Of course, being the great person and gentleman that he was, he offered to take me where Cole and HIM were at. To say I was a nervous wreck would have been an understatement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While driving, my thoughts went back to Cole. He might be his father but the job would always be too big for him. Breaking the trust a person had on you and hurting them only proves my point. I will not allow him to hurt Cole.

"Hey, it's ok." Daniel consoled while giving me a smile to reassure me that everything would be ok.

However, we both knew the truth. He would not back away without a fight. His stubborn nature won't allow him to let go of Cole. By the time we arrived at the park Angel was pacing back and forth at the entrance.

"Where are they?" I ask her sternly.

"They are at the swings but, Alex, be careful with what you say since Cole will not listen to your arguments." Angel stated.

"I f*cking know that already Angel! All I want is for your brother to just leave us the f*ck alone!" I scream at her which really shocked her by her expression.

I didn't wait for her to say anything and marched straight into the the park without glancing back. To say I was furious would be an understatement . He had no rights towards Cole and if he dares to harm him I will make him pay.

By the time I reach the playground I was shocked by the sight before me. Ashton was playing with Cole in the swings and they both looked as if they were having the time of their lives. The smile on Cole's face could cause anybody to smile.

"Let me take Cole away," Angel pleaded.

I turned around and looked at her, signaling for her to do so.

"Cole." I yell.

Both he and Ashton turned around. Although Cole looked happy to see me, Ashton looked worried, and he should be.

"Baby, go with Zia Angel while I talk to this person please." I told Cole.

"But, Mamma, I want to spend time with papa! Why are you saying it like that?" Cole pleaded.

"Cole just go with Angel please." I stated firmly.

"But mamma I-" Cole started but I stopped him halfway through.

" I told you to do it now Cole." I said.

"Cole, let's go. Your mamma and papa have things to talk about ok?" Angel said to him.

"Ok. Papa remember your promise!" Cole yelled while he was being led away by Angel.

I turned around and stopped looking back at Cole and Angel disappearing down the path.

"He hasn't changed much in all these years," I thought. Ever since that day in his office I had yet to see him face to face or close up. Time seemed to stand still as we stood there just looking at each other.

The tension in the air seemed to increase as time went by.

"Lexy-" Ashton pleaded.

"Don't you dare to even start Mr. King.You have no right to show up in my son's life and mine." I stated while glaring at him.

"No right! I have a f*cking right Alexandra" he said while looking furious.

"I messed up and I know it but he is still my son. You should have not hidden him from me. It was my dam* right to know." he continued.