Night Vision

"I hate this guy! Every Tim I think we might get rid of him, he finds a way to come back!" Tim exclaimed angrily. I was too busy switching between normal and night vision to pay attention.
"This is weird," I heard Elena say. She was waving her hand in front of her face, and every once in a while she would jerk her head back. I assumed she was switching her vision too.
"OK, guys, we need to focus!" McKenna said, slightly frustrated. The maturity in the room dropped as we all began to play with this new ability.
"Get off me Torin! She's right, let's focus guys!" I said, at least trying to focus. But I will be honest and say I didn't try very hard. It was a couple minutes and smack to Torin's head from Chris before we all calmed down.
"We need to be careful with these new abilities, we don't know the side effects," McKenna warned.
"What's gonna happen? We're going to go all Hulk Smash! Or something?" Torin joked. This time I smacked him in the head and we both went down to the ground wrestling. And for the first time ever, I pinned him and won. We both helped each other up, both laughing, but stopped when we saw McKenna glaring at us.
"Guys, this is serious. We need-" McKenna began to say.
"McKenna, it's fine, we're fine. If anything happens, we'll deal with it then, but for now we use this ability to our advantage," Tim interrupted, speaking wisely.
"Fine, but I warned you," McKenna consented. Elena and Tim picked up the stretcher with Brooke in it gently and we started on our way again. But we didn't get very far before we broke the floor. A huge cracked formed and the floor sunk down a little.
"Nobody move!" Lee called, making us all freeze.
"Well no duh!" Chris scoffed.
"What do we do?" Sarah asked from behind me.
"First we get the heaviest people and the most fragile off. Tim, Elena, slowly carry Brooke over there, where the floor looks solid. Everyone else, don't mo-" Corey began to order, but the floor fell out from under him. The rest of us fell, except for Tim, Elena and Brooke, who slid down precariously and landed perfectly fine. The rest of us slowly picked ourselves off the ground, more shaken than hurt.
"That wasn't so bad," Lee said optimistically.
"Oh look, we fell into the armory," Torin said as he helped Holli up.
"Guys, we have company!" Corey warned. He hurried away from a doorway where one of the mechanical being's appeared, mangled, but still dangerous looking.
"Ready for a fight?" It asked, Ina garbled mechanical voice.