4 Days?

I woke up later with one question in my mind; Why was I in a wagon? I immediately jumped up, groping for my pickax that was missing from my belt and ignoring a really bad headache. I startled someone next to me and they jumped up as well, and we both fell over again.

"Dang it Steve!" Emily yelled at me. I gave her a quick glare and started looking for my stuff. There was a lot of wood along one side of the wagon and some bags of food and supplies on the other side.

"Quit whining. Where the heck is my stuff?" I asked grumpily, starting to rifle thought the bags.

"Right here!" Emily said angrily, throwing it at my head. I caught it and took out my pickax, which I replaced on my belt.

"Why do you fight with such a small pickax anyway?" She asked, spitting to one side. I kinda just looked at her, wondering how she had changed overt he years, then went back to making sure my stuff was still intact.

"I don't like large weapons because they make me slow," I said, sitting back down and resting my head against the side of the wagon.

"Your already pretty slow," She said with a sneer.

"Oh yeah? Last time I remember you couldn't even sprint," I said, feeling anger rise up in me.

"Psh, 2 years ago. At least I don't get knocked out by a stool for 4 days," She said. I became more concerned about that information, as that is not good.

"4 days? We must be in Phoenix by-" I started to say, but the wagon stopped and Tim came in through the front of the wagon.

"We're here," He said. I slung my pack over my shoulder and jumped out the back. I turned and was shocked by what I saw.