Too Fast to Comprehend

It became dark, making it so none of us could see. I hated being in the dark, not knowing if it was a friend or foe who brushed against my leg or bumped my shoulder. It came to be that eventually, after a little while, someone took my hand. It took all my willpower not to jerk away, for two reasons. One: I didn't know who it was at first and two: they grabbed my arm with the worst burn.
"Who is that?" I asked cautiously.
"It might be Holli," the owner of the hand said.
"Looking for Torin?" I asked. It was odd, because everyone was silent. I couldn't even here them breathing.
"I guess so," Holli said. I did a mental face palm as I remembered I had a flashlight in my backpack and got it out. It took a few shakes, but I got it to work.
"Dang it," I said. I couldn't hear anyone but Holli because it was just me and Holli left. She let go of my hand and roses her arms, seemingly displeased with the situation.
"I just got him back," she said, a little grumpily.
"Well, let's go find him," I said, chuckling for some odd reason. I shone the light around to find that there was no way out.
"Never mind I guess-" I began to say, but a large mechanical whirring and the metal floor beneath disappeared, only to be replaced by a metal chute that we tumbled down. Holli landed on some strange cushion thing, while I ran into one of the mechanical beings I had seen earlier. The chute disappeared before we could scurry back to it and the mechanical thing moved towards me. It seemed to look humanoid, but there was something odd to the way it moved. I pulled my pickax from my belt and buried it in the mechanical being's forehead, causing it to short circuit and collapse. I felt accomplished, and hopeful, as I pulled the pickax from its forehead. Holli gave it a kick, which bumped the flashlight and it went out. I was about to crouch down to search for it when a strange purple light engulfed me. I could no longer move any of my limbs, though I could still move my head. As I struggled against it we disappeared into a wall and into another room filled with all sorts of monitors and what looked like cages, of which I couldn't see into. This strange thing had no shortage of surprises. I was separated from Holli somewhere between getting pulled into the wall and trying to escape the syringe that was about to stab me. It was attached to some mechanical arm and was an odd, orange-greenish color that I didn't think existed. I couldn't do much to escape the syringe and it plunged into my arm, which hurt more than any other needle put into my arm. It withdrew into the wall and the purple light disappeared and I fell to the ground. My left arm, the one that had been injected, was numb and wouldn't move. That made me angry, along with how my friends were taken from me so easily, the whole flying squid contraption, and the fact my life just kept getting worse. I used this rage to break through the wall the syringe had disappeared into with my pickax. Luckily the metal used in the wall was weaker than that of my pickax and I was able to escape, leaving the monitors and strange cages. Instead I stumbled into another room filled with even more monitors, but these ones had an actual person watching them. I payed little attention to them at first though, because on the screens were my friends. Some were writhing in pain, while others looked close to panicking. I saw McKenna in one fighting off dozens of the syringe things with her crazy cool arm contraption, and dozens more lie around her. My surprise quickly returned to anger and I knocked the person watching the monitors to the ground, holding my pickax over their head. It was a man, slightly unkept, in his twenties and he had a conniving smile on his face.
"I was wondering where you had gone," he said, laughing slightly.
"Let them go! Now!" I yelled at him. I made the mistake of glancing at the monitors, where I saw McKenna get stabbed from behind, and I got a kick in the face. I flew off the strange man and into the opposite wall, where two mechanical being's picked me up. My face already felt like it was swelling.
"I've been tracking you, you know," he said mischievously, picking up my pickax and examining it.
"So you already know who I am. I want to know who you are," I said angrily, spitting blood out of my mouth.
"First, let's have a little gathering shall we?" The man said cheerfully. He spoke into a microphone on his shirt and ordered Subjects 1 and 2 to be brought to him. About a minute later, Tim and Jeremy were dragged in, similar to how I was now.
"Steve!" Tim yelled when he saw me, which only resulted in a punch to the gut. Jeremy was silent, but I could see a flame of resistance in his eyes.
"Splendid! Such excellent specimens!" The man yelled. I started calling him Mr. Crazy Creeper Man in my head.
"What are you talking about?" I asked angrily, suspecting my question wouldn't get answered.
"It doesn't matter to you, you may soon die. Depending on how my experiment goes," Mr. Crazy Creeper Man said all snobbish like.
"Are you going to explain anything?" I asked angrily, longing to hit him upside the head with my pickax.
"Secret government experiments, covert stealings, starting a zombie apocalypse so I could continue my experiments, blah blah blah," Mr. Crazy Creeper Man kind of explained. Sort of.
"You destroyed the world so you could do experiments?" Jeremy asked angrily.
"And other reasons. Like revenge," Mr. Crazy Creeper Man said with a shrug.
"Can we cut to the chase then?" I asked, impatient.
"Fine then! Machines! Begin Operation Kryo-Stasis!" He yelled. Strange pods appeared in the walls, of a bluish color and human sized. The three of us were forced inside and strapped down. All the while Mr. Crazy Creeper Man laughed evilly. The monitors showed similar things happening to the rest of our friends. The evil man's hand hovered over a green button, but he hesitated before pressing it and looked at me.
"You're going to wish this doesn't work," he said. I quickly slipped my hand out from the straps, as the cloths around my wrists make it easy to do so, and lunged at him. He pressed the button however, and everything went black.