Short Chapter of the Prank

So, for some reason Katie wouldn't leave me alone until I left to go to my old house. She kept asking me where i came from and what had happened to me. I simply told her about my time in California, the two years I spent alone, but I still kept some stuff to myself. She finally let up the day before we left and I didn't see her at all when we did. We took an empty wagon, with no provisions because we were going to find our own, and headed out for about 4 hours after lunch before I decided to talk about Katie. Tim, Torin, LeAnna and Emily came with me and I decided to talk to LeAnna about it.
"There's something off about Katie," I said as we passed another empty city block.
"No duh," she said, which didn't help.
"Funny. No, she remembered where I lived the other day, and then this whole week I felt like she still kinda knew me," I said. I was going to continue, but a panel in the bed of the wagon popped up and gave me a heart attack.
"So much for that prank," said Katie from a little hidden compartment.
"What?" I said in disbelief.
"We all decided that if you ever came back, that Katie would pretend to have gone crazy," LeAnna explained.
"Are you serious?" I asked angrily.
"It was easier than thinking you were dead," Katie said shrugging. I had to give her that, but it was still enough to make me angry.
"Can we continue this later? Tim spotted about 30 zombies heading our way," Torin said. These last two weeks have been full of surprises. And I hate surprises. (Unless it's a pie or something)