Chapter 12

I was crying. Yep, I was tearing up like a baby.

"Can you please stop now?"

I shook my head and held on tight.

"Please, I'm starting to get embarrassed" Julian tapped my shoulder again, as my sobs kept being muffled by his shirt.

"You. Could. Have. Died!" I sobbed, tears coming down my cheeks and soaking his white shirt.

"I didn't. I'm fine. You're getting hysterical" He assured me, as my arms locked his waist really tight and my hands grasped his back.

"Mr. von Hauser. Sir." Marcus' voice came from behind me "We've called the police, they're picking him up."

"Thank you, Marcus." My boss answered, and I heard his voice rumble in his large and warm chest as I kept crying "Please make sure they go easy on him. He's just upset."

"Sure thing. You should take Miss McAllister home, now, sir."

"I intend to, Marcus, as soon as her octopus arms let go of me" Julian said, tapping my shoulder as a hint.

I shook my head again. There was no way I was letting him go soon. He could've died, damn it! I knew he was insane, crazy and most likely plain stupid!

"It's alright, Georgia." I heard him whisper, soothingly, as his hands traveled up and down my back "Everyone's alright. You're just suffering from post-traumatic stress."

"I'm suffering from a stupid person's stupid mistake!" I sobbed, looking up at his tanned face "I heard a shot. I thought you were dead, Julian!"

He rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"It's not funny!" I hissed, punching his chest with my fists "One moment you refuse to get into any sort of social activity, and just today you jumped into two very unlikely situations!"

"And all ended up well." He shrugged, gripping my fists into his hands and smoothing my tighten fingers with his warm thumbs "Which means your screaming and crying are starting to become hilarious, Georgia."

He was smiling down on me, I was still crying and scowling up at him, both our bodies tangled. It only really hit me how bizarre that situation was, when another male voice came from behind us.

"Georgia?"

Both Julian and I looked towards the elevator and saw Piet frowning.

"What's going on?" He pushed, his frown deepening as he looked at us, up and down.

That's when it came down to us that it was really inappropriate the way we were embracing. How wrong I had been on running towards Julian as he came out of the Boardroom, undamaged. How stupid it had been to hug him tight and crying on his chest. How even more foolish it had been that I felt my tummy flutter as his big hand cleaned my tears, and his soft smile stared down at me.

We let go of each other that instant, scowling around and clearing our throats.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, picking up my trail and stomping towards him, kissing him lightly on his firm and pursed lips.

"I called Julian. Once he didn't answer me, I called Natalie. She told me, hysterical, that Mr. Flynn had barricaded himself in the Boardroom. I came here immediately. I arrived New York like an hour ago" He said, still squinting at his best friend, both of them staring at each other, a mere five feet parting them.

"Oh, ok. Everything's fine now." I tried to smile, and still he stared behind me "Look, I really want to go home. Can you take me?"

He looked down at me, still frowning. After two seconds he sighed and nodded. He gripped my hand tight and dragged me next to him.