Chapter 3

I moaned as I saw our phone bill. This was madness! I knew long distance calls were expensive, but still...!

"Harm, have you seen this ridiculous bill?!" I asked her, one Wednesday morning.

"Ah know, right?" She moaned, pouring herself some tea on her favorite green mug "Don't even know how we spent that much. IAh mean, Ah called my mom a few times, but still..."

"Whatever." I sighed, folding the bill in half and placing it in my velvet taupe purse "Ah'll pay it... but we need to start making some cuts."

"Ah can pass without cable" She said, shrugging.

"Yeah, but you can't pass without your sane roommate." I groaned, and she chuckled "Are we still up for this afternoon?"

"Totally." She smiled, a glow in her eyes "Ah'm so excited! Although Ah feel guilty about having a shopping spree, if we can't even afford the phone bill..."

"Don't you dare stand me up!" I warned her, as I grabbed my keys by the door "Ah'll smother you while you sleep, if you do."

I took the bus to work at seven am. Nowadays, Ah had to wake up around five thirty, take a shower, dry my hair, get my make up on, and look fabulous and fresh for a new day.

Working for Mr. von Hauser was, in fact, madness. And torture. Over the past month, I had to take my seat in meeting after meeting, about booooooring money issues. I had to take care of his breakfast every morning, then lunch. I had to take his calls and take the messages. I kinda forgot some of them, though... I know he's thiiiiiiiiis close to fire me. This isn't working. Who was I kiddin'? I wasn't cut out to be someone's secretary! Especially not a spoiled, grumpy, self-centered ass like Julian von Hauser! I usually forget my schedule or even one of my earrings at home! How would I make myself remember his things?!

"Good morning, Rachel" I grunted at the receptionist in the fortieth floor.

"Huh... Georgia? I think you better wait here" She said, getting up from behind her counter.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her, frowning.

"Mr. Coleman is in there with Mr. Toledo" She said, with a whisper, covering the microphone from her headset.

"What?"

"Mr. Coleman and Mr. Toledo came about fifteen minutes ago, and just walked into Mr. von Hauser's office. I don't know what they're doing, but they looked very stern..." The blue eyed redhead told me, with a concerned look.

"And it's already ten to eight!" I moaned "Mr. von Hauser will be here in exactly ten minutes!"

"I think you better call him to warn him..." Rachel told me, taking her seat again "I'm sorry, Georgia. I couldn't stop them. Mr. Coleman would get me fired, and I just had a baby."

"It's not your fault, Rachel." I tried to smile "This is my job."

I was actually proud of myself for my behavior that day. In retrospect, I behaved like a true loyal secretary. But first things first! My outfit for the day only helped my mood! I had this vintage Bernard Perris dungarees, with soft black trousers and white sleeveless halter top. To match, I had an awesome vintage taupe Chanel pair of high peep-toe heels. My hair was wavy and free around my shoulders. And my head was already formulating my speech.

"Good morning, gentlemen."

The two men inside Mr. von Hauser's office stopped talking and going through some files, over Mr. von Hauser's desk, to look at me. Both frowned and straightened.

"Can Ah help you with something?" I asked, with a soft and polite smile on my face; still, I made sure my eyes were slightly squinting, so they knew I wasn't being nice.