Chapter 22

"Happy birthday, boss!"

Julian moaned in his sleep, hiding his face on the pillow as I pulled the curtains away from the windows so the early snowy morning would greet my man on his special day.

"It really amazes me how you can wake up earlier than me" He said, his voice muffled by the pillow as he threw it over his head.

I giggled and tiptoed with only his shirt on my body, straddling his butt and back over the covers. I took off the pillow and kissed his cheek as he moaned and shut his eyes tighter.

"C'mon, sleeping beauty! I made you special breakfast and all!" I mumbled, pouting down at him.

"I'll have my usual, wench" He grinned, his eyes closed.

He groaned once I slapped his head. Then, he rolled onto his back, his hands grabbed my wrists and he pulled me down, making me shriek in surprise. I laughed as he pulled the covers over the two of us, and rolled on top of me.

"C'mon! Your eggs are gonna get cold!" I complained, as his mouth traveled over my neck and collarbone "And I have a surprise."

"I told you no parties" He grunted in my skin, his morning stubble tickling my neck.

"It isn't a party, boss." I winked at him, pulling his hair so he would eye me; God, I loved sleepy-eyed Julian, he was the sexiest man alive, especially in the morning, with his dark hair messed around his head because of my own hands, and his brown eyes a little drowsy "But I do want you to see what I got you."

"G, you don't have to buy me anything!" He rolled his eyes and firming my naked hips under him, once I started to maneuver out of the bed "I've got plenty of stuff, and I got the money to get anything I want. So-"

"Yes, I know you do. That's why I didn't get you just anything you could get at any store" I snorted.

"I should've known" He chuckled, his lips kissing mine chastely as he kicked the covers and sat, stretching his arms over his head as I got the tray with food.

"Here it is, honey. Your b-day breakfast." I grinned, setting the tray over his lap and kissing his cheek again.

"Well, what do we have here? Toast and jam, eggs, orange juice, coffee and- what's this?" He took the metal lid off one of the small plates and smiled tenderly at it "Is this supposed to be funny?" He asked, eyeing the plate's content and holding his grin, pretending to be annoyed; I grinned and nodded "Is this a small birthday cake in the shape of a peanut?"

"It sure is." I smiled, crossing my legs Indian style and taking the small matchbox to light the little tiny candle I stuck in the peanut shape chocolate cake "And it's all yours – peanut free, I assure you."

"Wait, are you- Don't even dare to- Ah, hell..." He blushed as I started to sing 'Happy Birthday'.

Once it was over and I clapped happily, he blew the candle with '34' written on it and eyed me with bad mood.

"You said no parties. This isn't a party." I shrugged, cutting the small cake in two, taking one of the slices for myself "Besides, you would be asking me to break my funny bone if you didn't let me have a bit of fun on your birthday."

"Obviously, because my birthday is all about you" He smiled, taking a sip of coffee and eating his slice of cake.

"Honey, one way or the other, everything is about me!" I grinned, wiggling my brows, and he laughed.

***

"Why don't we just skip work and stay in all day?" I grunted, putting my boots on over my leggings.