Chapter 15

"Oh my God!"

I giggled as Kenny jumped up and down.

"Wait. You broke up with Rush?!" Cece gasped.

"You naughty girl!" Kenny chuckled, checking himself out in the bathroom mirror, while Cece retouched her lipstick and I my eyeliner "Well, good for you, sweetheart! You deserve every man falling at your feet, don't you?"

"I wasn't thinking about that when I broke up with Piet, Kenny." I frowned, smiling "All I wanted was to be with Julian- eh, Mr. von Hauser. It's... different. I feel so... God, so wanted with him."

"Whatever anyone says, just do what makes you happy" Cece told me with a soft smile, smacking her red lips together in front of the mirror.

"Oh, have you heard about-"

Kenny stopped talking as a tall and lean redhead entered the bathroom. She frowned at us, rolled her eyes and entered one of the stalls. Kenny made a disgusted face and Cece snorted into laughter. Seconds later, the woman walked out of the stall, washed her hands and left without a single word.

"I really hate that bitch." Kenny grunted, as he stared at the door "She's such a snake!"

"Who's she?" I asked, grabbing my purse and getting my phone.

"Matisse." Cece spatted "She's a Junior Editor. She only got the job 'cause she was sleeping with Toledo."

"What?!" I gasped; juicy gossip just turns me into one of those Duracell bunnies "She slept with Toledo?! What about Melinda?"

"It was way before Melinda." Kenny snorted "Matisse is old news, but the little bitch keeps hanging around like she's any good."

"I hate those little sluts." I mumbled, remembering Nina Scierra and her peers "They think they're Pandora royalty."

"Well, that's what you need to prepare for, once you get to our floor" Cece smiled, winking and leaving the bathroom.

"When will that be?" Kenny whined.

"In a couple of weeks" I smiled, excited.

"Awesome. And where is your new boyfriend taking you out?" Kenny wanted to know.

"Oh, I don't know if I can call him my boyfriend just yet." I smiled "This is just day two of the... relationship?"

Kenny nodded, eyes round with excitement.

"Well, I don't know where we're going tomorrow night, but I really cannot wait!"

"Of course you can't!" He grinned "Oh, I'm so jealous! I want a hot boyfriend, too! Correction: I want two hot men fighting for me!"

"They're not fighting." I rolled my eyes "Piet understood my reasons, so we're all friendly."

"Honey, believe me: when it comes to girls, guys never get tight when one steals the other's girl" Kenny warned me with a chuckle.

"Not true." I frowned "Women are like that, not men."

"If you say so..."

Could Kenny be right? Could all this 'We're all friends, it's fine' deal be just an act? Could the two best friends be hurt and angry at one another, and pretending everything was fine just for my sake?

***

"Hey, you!" Harmony smiled at me as I got inside her coffee shop "Damn, you look tired. What's up?"

"I'm confused." I mumbled, taking a seat on a high stool, dropping my head on the counter "Kenny says Piet and Julian are mad at each other, and they're just pretending to be cool with the whole 'I'm leaving you for your best friend' deal, so I don't get tangled along."