Chapter 16

"I see you laugh one time, I'll stop" Julian threatened.

"I would never" I assured him, kissing his cheek.

We were lying back on his big bed, Manhattan light and noise outside. But inside that quiet room, with Julian by my side, his guitar on his lap, I felt like we were on another planet.

He took a deep breath and started to play. I was grinning like I just experienced the best night of my life, as he played some John Mayer song.

"Never took you for a Mayer fan" I chuckled, once he finished the song and laid the guitar on the carpet next to the bed.

"There's a lot I keep to myself" He shrugged, lying back again, crossing his arms under his head.

I supported my head with my hand, looking down at him, caressing his strong chest with the other.

"What's the next move the world's hottest CEO is going to do?"

"My ego is bursting through the roof, tonight" He grinned, making me giggle.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, really. Compliments aside, the 'Oh my God, Julian' moans sealed the deal."

"I cannot believe you just said that!" I gasped, feeling my face getting hotter.

"Ah, finally I was able to embarrass the Queen of Embarrassment!" He laughed loudly, rolling to get on top of me "Gorgeous... don't pout. Or do, it's sexy. I'm just teasing you."

"Well..." I sighed; him calling me Gorgeous just worked to heal my anger "It's just embarrassing..."

"Why?" He frowned, playing with my locks, twisting them in his finger and letting them go over the pillows.

"I just get... self-conscious..." I admitted, shrugging, while playing with his trimmed chest hair.

"G, don't be silly, sweetheart..." He chuckled, kissing my lips with a loud sound "You have nothing to be self-conscious about!"

I wrinkled my nose, and he touched his to mine, in the Eskimo way. He loved doing that, he did it quite often throughout the night – oh, right, we didn't sleep much, obviously –, as for playing with my hair.

"Well, either way, I do get self-conscious" I shrugged again, looking up to his eyes.

"But I love your noises." He whispered in my ear; I moaned as his hands roamed through my body, his lips close to my ear and kissing my neck "I love the way you score my back with your nails; love the way you look at me when you're close to come..."

My breathing was getting heavier and harsh. My hands roamed his back, nails digging into his hard flesh as he did on mine.

"Don't be self-conscious, because you're perfect to me" He whispered, his lips capturing mine in a devastating kiss "I love all about you... everything..."

I gasped, once he hugged me tight. This time not because I was in the middle of the most amazing night of my life, but because Julian's words touched a chord in my heart.

***

My eyes squinted as I felt some light hit them. I opened one and saw Julian's face close to mine, body stretched, legs tangled with mine, as he lay on his belly. My lips spread into a great grin. Stretching languidly – feeling like a million bucks –, I eyed the clock by the bedside table and moaned. It was only six am, thank God! We didn't have to be at von Hauser until eight. Well... scratch that. The boss was still in bed, so I didn't have to run to attend his whims with breakfast; no, I would do it right there, in his apartment.