Chapter 2

First day on an awesome new job! Ok, so maybe not awesome. The CEO of the von Hauser Publications was actually an ass, but still...! I had a job! Still had to sign the contract and know my salary, and perks and medical care and all of that stuff. Either way, I was happy about myself! I got his breakfast just right. He might be thinking I forget stuff, but I really don't. I'm not a clueless blonde bimbo. I'm actually really smart... ish. Anyway, what matters is that I got his breakfast right... I think... and his three newspapers.

And I was in his office at exactly seven fifty eight, as I checked on my golden tiny wrist watch that I got on sale two days before. Two minutes later, he walked in.

"Good morning, Mr. von Hauser." I said, all happy and smiley "Got your entire breakfast and reading material."

He grunted and took his seat behind the desk. He was still wearing that awful dark grey suit, taupe shirt buttoned up to his tanned neck, and a very ugly dark brown – UGH! – tie. I took a closer look at him while he ate and read his newspapers.

He's cute, if one likes the geek and grumpy type. But honestly, he's really cute. Tall, like HUGE, tanned, brown eyes and dark wavy hair that sometimes falls to his forehead, and he doesn't care to brush it back – like a normal sexy guy would, you know, comb it and make it all shinny and slick? -, defined jaw with smooth skin that I bet he shaves perfectly every morning, and a long straight nose. He looks like he works out, but not like an exercise maniac. Has a big, fit, muscled body – not that I'm checking him out! Ugh!

He should work on his looks...! Really stupid of him no to do it. I mean, let's think about it for a second. He's in charge of the company for a little less than a month. He had to look like the confident, successful and powerful leader. Not this... somewhat mess and grumpy and not nice at all man, with serious social issues.

"What?"

I blinked and jumped on my place.

"What?" I asked back, frowning.

"You were staring at me. I don't like when people stare at me. Especially when I'm eating. Don't you have a job to do, Miss McAllister?" He asked, one of his furry dark eyebrows up his forehead.

"Ah think we should talk about my contract, first." I said, taking a seat in one of the leather chairs in front of his desk "You see, Ah need to know my job perks. Social security, med care, salary..."

"Talk to Rachel about it." He said, closing one newspaper and grabbing another "The receptionist. She'll guide you through it. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to take my breakfast quietly. And alone."

I rolled my eyes and made a face.

Fine. Suit yourself...

"And... what do Ah do?"

"I don't take any calls before nine am. Take them and get the messages." He said, leaning lazily onto his big chair "As for your job, check and re-check my schedule. Make sure I have time to eat and sleep. And no parties. Ever. Got it?"

"No parties...?" I asked, frowning.

"No anniversaries, awards, benefits, openings or any other kind." He said, this time looking at me "Got that?"

"Ah think so: no social time." I said, and he took a deep breath, looking at his newspaper again "Just one more thing."

"What?" He groaned, getting impatient.

"Thank you for the job." I smiled "Ah'll be the best secretary you ever had!"

"Very much doubt that." He said, and I made a sneer to myself "Now go."