3) Masterpiece

Siena's POV:

It took me all morning. A good four hours later and i think I have done something that could sell for thirty pounds minimum.

I had taken the idea of the cold and frosty morning and took inspiration from that frosty tree trunk that I saw. It looked so pretty. Like the one beautiful shining ruby in a bunch of mundane pennies. I split the canvas into two and focused on the snapshot of the tree. On the other side i decided to paint a sunflower with water dripping off its leaves on one side and where the sunflower touched the icy side of the painting i painted a slight frost on the stem and leaves. A fairly good experiment and it had amazing results.

I was on my sixth coffee round by the time i'd finished the painting. ... Well i guess i could drink that much coffee after all.

I perched myself on the chair by the window and watched once more. This window is my tv. I'm not exactly spying on anyone. I'm just watching. By the looks of things it was still pretty cold out and about. Many people walked around with trench coats and scarves around their necks. Their gloved hands rubbing together and occassionally pulling a hat down over a pair of red ears.

I should get out there and brave the cold once more. I should set up and try to make the use of the spare hours I have until I set off home rather than literally watching paint dry. My mind was having a battle. One part of my brain was saying to get off of my backside and just get out there and do your job. The other part of my brain is telling me to not go outside because on the inside you have coffee and you have warmth. My work ethic brain retorted telling me to put some coffee in a travel mug and button up my coat more securely. I think that my other side of the brain couldn't think of any other arguments so it just stuck to the laziness problem instead. Oh how we all love those internal battles.

I settled my coffee cup down and checked my store cupboard. I had a good nine or ten paintings that could be considered good enough. I picked them all up and placed them out in two rows of five in front of me. My contract allows me to have five on show and five hidden away so that if one sells i can whip another one out to replace it.

I traced a painting of a lion chasing an ostrich. I do like this painting. I think i got the scenary just right. A perfect environment for both animals and they are both doing what they need to do in order to survive. For the lion that's chasing. For the ostrich that's running for her life.

There was a painting of a couple of birds lying in their nest and a little bird mid-flight in the air above.

I tend to paint nature; it's what i do best. Having chosen five paintings to go on display, including the lion and the birds, I set out with a secured coat and travel mug in one hand with my paintings in the other.

Time to set up shop.