13

(A/N- I kind of forgot to mention that everything I write (like the good/bad rain thing) comes from me. I don't read that stuff or see it on TV. Everything that has deep meaning comes from unless I comment otherwise. ALSO, I know I said that there would be more of Riker's POV but not just yet.)

Jamie's POV

Everyone was at the table. I waited for the conversation to die down.

"So how was your vacation?" Nicole asked me. She was sitting beside me.

"It was fun. I wish I could go back," I said.

"I need a vacation," she said. She talked louder and nudged Rocky behind her, "We haven't been on one since our honeymoon."

"You know that really hurt," Rocky said. I started laughing.

"Vacation?" Ross asked from across the table. "Where'd you guys go?"

"Colorado," Jackson chirped. He was sitting beside Rydel, defiantly his favorite aunt.

"I didn't know you guys went," he said. "I'm always the last to know about everything. You guys all knew that Jamie was pregnant with Jacey for two months without even telling me." I laughed at that. It was true. Ross was gone filming something, who knows what with his busy schedule, when Riker and I made the announcement. I don't even remember how he found out. I probably made a comment about eating for two or something like that.

"It was a last minute trip," Riker spoke.

"So did you go see any family?" Stormie asked.

"We were more up north than family," Riker replied.

"So? If they found out you went and didn't make the effort to see them, they'll be upset," Stormie said. Riker ignored his mom's comment. I looked at him across the table and gave him a look, like I was asking if it was okay for me to tell them. Mark saw the look.

"What's with you two?" he asked. It brought all the attention to us. I looked at Riker to answer but nothing. Really, Riker?

"I kind of have something to tell you guys," I said.

"You're pregnant!" Stormie blurted. Everyone looked at me, and I had a guilty smile. It wasn't even like "yeah, I am" smile. It was a panic reaction. You really can't tell the difference. I looked at Riker as everyone got really excited.

"Really?" he mouthed to me. It was going to make this so much worse.

"You can't keep what's in your pants under control. Can you, Riker?" Ryland asked. It made everyone laugh expect Riker and I.

"In fact, I can. Jamie isn't pregnant," he said. Everyone looked at me.

"You're not?" Stormie asked. I shook my head.

"I'm sorry," I said. I felt bad for letting them believe that for however long that was, which felt like forever.

"Then, what is it?" Ellington asked.

"Um," I said before getting a lump in my throat. I but my lip as everyone stared. Riker walked over beside me and knelt down by my seat and grabbed my hand.

"All you have to do is say it," he whispered. The problem was I didn't quite know how. I had a tear slip down.

"What's wrong?" Stormie asked. She sounded scared.

"I have cancer," I said. I don't really remember how they reacted. I know I cried. Other people cried.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" Jackson had gotten down off his seat and came over to me. I lifted him on my lap and wiped my tears.

"I'm okay," I said and kissed his cheek. I looked at Riker who was looking off into blank space, holding back tears. I looked away so we didn't make eye contact. It would've made him cry, and he wanted to fight it. Besides, I had just stopped crying. Stormie walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"I'm here for you," she said to me. Nicole, who I have known the longest, stepped out of the room. Kelsey was going to follow her because she saw her cry and wanted to know what was wrong, but Rocky stopped her. Rydel left too. I followed behind her.

"You guys can't leave me to cry about me," I said when I found them in the living room.

"How long have you known?" Nicole asked. She wiped away tears that kept coming.

"It feels like forever but almost a month," I answered.

"You could've told me when you found out. You need support," she said.

"I have Riker," I said.

"The more support the better," Rydel chimed in. You could hear her voice crack. "Why aren't you crying?"

"I've been to support group twice and already accepted the fact that I have cancer. I guess."

"You'll be okay, right?" Nicole asked.

"I don't really know, but people do survive from cancer," I said. They got calmed down enough to go back into the dining room.

I told them the details of everything that has happened: the blood drive, the doctor appointment, my parents coming down, support group, vacation, and that all led to this. I went through with them that Leukemia is your blood not producing enough white blood cells, etc.

"Riker Anthony Lynch, I cannot believe you called her parents and did that to her," Mark said.

"Actually, if he didn't do that, my parents still wouldn't know," I admitted.

Riker has already been there for me so much. I have taken him for granted but I really do need him to get through this. Without him, I'd be lost and confused. I would still be on my couch crying. I'm probably still diagnosed as depressed, but I feel so much better because of his support. The one thing he could've not done was hesitate while we were on vacation, but it showed me that he was still new to this too. I can't rely on him for everything, but so far, he was doing an amazing job. I hope he and I can handle the rest.

I really love him.

(A/N- Hopefully, I'm done with the a/n at the beginning of the chapters. I know that's how you usually get people to read them, but it should be the last. I hope to get more R5 as a band into this story. Maybe a few shows here and there. We'll have to see. Sorry for the length of the chapter. I could've made it longer, but when I find a good place for a nice ending, I like to end it. This a/n is really long. Oops. See you guys soon!)