3

Riker's POV

Jamie and I were telling Jackson that it was time to go to bed. We were going to lay down him and Jacey and have 'us' time. We were going to watch a movie or something. We laid Jacey down and walked Jackson to his room. I tucked him in, but he started to cry.

"There are monsters in the closet," he whined. It didn't help that the movie he picked out for tonight was Monsters Inc. Jamie sat down beside him.

"Riker, open the closet," she said. I didn't know what she was planning, but I did. "See, there are no monsters.You can go to sleep."

"Let me come with you, Daddy," he said. I hated to tell him no. He was scared.

"Jackson, I promise there are no monsters," I told him.

"Do you want me to stay in here until you fall asleep?" Jamie asked. She looked up at me and shrugged. Jackson nodded. I walked over to Jackson and gave him a hug.

I whispered into Jamie's ear. "We can't make this a habit." I walked out and into the living rom. I laid on the couch and pulled a blanket over me. I was only going to rest my eyes for a few minutes. Those few minutes turned into a few hours. I woke up to a baby crying. I rolled over, thinking I was in my bed, but I fell on the floor. I pushed myself up. I walked into the baby's room. I lifted up Jacey. She needed a changing, so I laid her on the changing table and changed her. After that, I decided to head to bed. I went by Jackson's room first. I walked in and shook Jamie. "Come to bed."

"What time is it?" she asked.

"I don't know," I answered as I helped her up. She leaned on my the whole way to our room. "I'm really tired."

"It's fine," I said. We reached our room, and she collapsed on the bed. I laid beside her and went to sleep.

I woke up the next morning. Jamie was already awake watching me.

"Creep," I joked. She giggled and leaned in to kiss me. "Creep with some morning breath." She giggled again. I sat up on the bed and scooted back, so my back was against the backboard of the bed. I yawned and stretched. "What are you doing today?" I had to meet up with my siblings, including Ellington, to discuss an album.

"I was going to take Jackson and Jacey to Nicole's. I want to see Kelsey," she said. Kelsey is two years old, now.

"I wish I could go. I might stop by with Rocky after the meeting is done," I said.

I got up, got dressed, and headed out. I arrived at my old house. I was ready to get this meeting started.

__

Jamie's POV

Jackson woke up later than usual. I told him that we would be going to see Kelsey and Aunt Nicole. He was ready to go right after I told him. I texted Nicole to see if she was okay with us coming over a little earlier. She said it was okay. I got everything together that I needed for both kids. I carried Jacey and held Jackson's hand when I went outside. I let go of his hand to lock the door. He ran down the steps.

"Jackson," I said sternly enough for him to turn and look at me. "I told you to not run down these steps. You'll fall." I walked down the steps and over to my car. I opened the back door and put Jacey in her carseat and buckled her. I closed the door and walked to the other side and did the same with Jackson. He wasn't as easy to put in because he kept unbuckling himself. "Jackson, we will not go. Buckle up!"

"I don't want to buckle," he said.

"Do you want me to call Daddy?" I asked him. He didn't answer. I buckled him. "Unbuckle yourself one more time, and I am calling Daddy." I closed his door and got in the driver's seat. I buckled up and checked Jackson one more time. I backed out of the driveway and drove to Nicole's. I got there about twenty minutes later. I got out and went to get Jackson out. "Now, you can unbuckle yourself," I told Jackson. He unbuckled himself, and I lifted him out of the car. Nicole and Kelsey came outside, so Jackson ran over to them. I walked to the other side of the car and got Jacey out. I carried her over to Nicole. Jacey reached out for Nicole, so I handed her to her.

"Hey, cutie," Nicole said to Jacey. I bent down and hugged Kelsey.

"I missed you," I told her. She smiled and ran off with Jackson in the yard. Nicole and I sat on the porch and watched them play.

"How you've been with work?" Nicole asked me as we sat down.

"I like it, but I rather spend time with my baby," I said. Nicole chuckled.

"I know the feeling. I hated leaving Rocky and Kelsey to just go to the store. I felt like I missed so much," she said. I agreed. "Speaking of the store, I bought some cupcakes last night. If you go inside and look on the counter in the kitchen, you'll see them. Rocky ate one this morning." She rocked Jacey. "You can bring them out here for the kids and us." I went inside. Not much as changed since I lived here with Nicole. The place looked the same, minus the toys laying around the house. I saw the cupcakes and carried them outside. Kelsey pointed, and Jackson had started to run over. Kelsey ran behind him.

"I didn't expect them to notice so fast," I said. Nicole laughed.

"I want two," Jackson said.

"When have you ever gotten two cupcakes? You only get one," I told him. He took the one he had and sat down. He had a pouty face. "I can always take the one you have." I bent down behind him and pretended as if I was going to eat it out of his hands. Jackson giggled and pushed me away. I got my own cupcake and stuck my tongue out at Jackson who mocked me. I sat down and ate my cupcake, enjoying such a pretty day outside.

(a/n- The plot is coming up, not the next chapter, but it will be in the chapter after the next. I am excited! Hope you guys are enjoying this so far!!)