8

Jamie's POV

I was still mad with Riker about calling my parents and telling them to come down. My parents decided they were moving down because of the situation. They wanted to be there to help when I had appointments and see me as much as possible. They knew I could die from this and clearly made it known by moving down.

My personality has changed so much. I've down nothing. Scratch that. I've done very little. I don't think I've changed a diaper, since I was diagnosed. I knew it was a problem. I decided to make a doctor's appointment to get an opinion.

Riker was coming with me. His dad was watching the kids. His mom had to do stuff with Rydel.

"You're depressed," the doctor said after she heard what I've done in the past couple weeks, or what I haven't done. "Depression is common with cancer patients. I don't really give antidepressants to cancer patients to affect with future or current medication. I would say working out is good. Eat healthy and get sleep at night. Come back in a few days to let me know how the transition is coming. It's not going to be an immediate change, but it will surely come." I nodded along to everything. I wanted to not be depressed. I wanted to do things. I wanted motivation. "Any questions?"

"I think I'm good," I answered. Riker and I left the doctor's office and went home. We went to pick up Jackson and Jacey from Riker's dad.

"How'd the appointment go?" his dad asked.

"Good," Riked answered for me.

"Do I see anymore grandchildren in my future?" Mark asked. We didn't tell him what the appointment was about.

"Probably not," I answered. I had only told my parents about the cancer. I was planning on telling Riker's parents, but I just don't how or when.

Then, I have other people, like Nicole and everyone else, to tell. It's stressful enough on its own.

We got home later that day.

"I have two doctor appointments next week," I told Riker.

"Two?" he asked.

"This is going to become our life. We might as well move closer to a hospital because that's where we will be all the time," I said.

"What are they for?" He ignored my moving comment.

"One is for the depression. The other is my treatment plan." I have already been to two doctor appointments, and I was already tired of it. I had many years of appointments to come.

For dinner, I ate a salad. I had to eat
healthier like the doctor said. I went to bed early that night too. I woke up the next morning and worked out. My work out consisted of sit-ups and jumping jacks. It was basic workouts.

I did that for five days. I had made another appointment to go back to talk to the doctor who diagnosed me with depression. Riker was going with me, and we were taking this kids. We couldn't keep asking for someone to babysit them. Everyone would get suspicious.

I signed in at the waiting room. I sat down with Jacey while Riker was already sitting with Jackson. Jackson was sitting on the ground because the carrier Jacey was in.

"Did the stuff that the doctor tell you to do work?" Riker asked.

"You tell me. I still don't do as much as I used to. I quit my job. I don't think it even helped," I said. I was called back, and we all went back.

"Hello," Dr. Roberts said when she walked in.

"Hey," I said with a smile as I pulled Jackson onto my lap.

"You brought the whole bunch, didn't you?" she asked with a chuckle.

"Sure did," I answered.

"Well, let's get right to it. How's your short week been?" she asked.

"It didn't help. I haven't been going to work, so I quit my job before I could get fired. I still haven't been... myself," I explained.

"I completely understand. I do have another thing that might work. I usually save it for last," she said. She handed me a pamphlet.

"Support group?" I asked.

"Would this be for the cancer or depression?" Riker asked.

"Well, the people who usually go to support group that is in the pamphlet you have are people with cancer who went in for depression, but they realized that they're not alone, so they end up going for the cancer," Dr. Roberts explained.

"So this should work?" I asked.

"Out of all the people I sent, it's worked," she said.

Support group...

I'll have to try it.

(a/n- Short chapter. This is just a big plot twist from the last two stories. Im still trying to wrap my head around it all too. I'm getting so much knowledge in this stuff too. I am going to find real stories from real people for the support groups.... or I'll try!)