11

Riker's POV

That was the first time Jamie and I did anything in a long time and the first since we got the news. I have to admit I was hesitant. I was nervous, and I don't really know why.

She was upset with me, but she got over it. She realized that I was new to the situation too.

"Just forget it. I want to enjoy my vacation," Jamie had said shortly after what happened last night. It was a little awkward last night, but this morning was a lot better. We actually had plans early this morning with the kids at the yogi bear camp.

"Who's hungry?" Jamie asked as she walked into the room the kids slept last night. Of course, she didn't expect a response from either two. Jacey couldn't respond. Jackson was half asleep and wasn't going to respond. She sat on the bed beside Jackson, and I grabbed Jacey from the travel crib we recently bought just for this trip. She started a cry which Jamie and I had learned as a hungry cry. "Someone is." I carried Jacey out of the room to get a bottle. I was so thankful for the microwave in this cabin. I had finished feeding Jacey when Jamie and Jackson walked back out. Jackson was dressed and ready for the day. Jamie took Jacey from me.

"There's my little man," I said and gave him a high five. It was more of a low five, considering the major height difference.

"He's excited to feed the bears," Jamie told me.

"You are?" I asked Jackson. "I'm really excited too. I've never done it before."

"Will it bite me?" Jackson asked.

"They'll be behind a cage. They can't get to you," I explained. "Are you hungry?" Jackson nodded. We all went and got piled into the car and drove to eat breakfast, which Jacey already had hers.

After we ate, we drove to the zoo where we promised Jackson we would go. It was one thing he wanted to do when he over heard me tell Jamie things that we could do. He was very excited about it.

"Daddy, hurry up!" Jackson said when I pulled into the parking lot. I parked in the nearest parking place, and we all got out.

"Did you remember the stroller?" Jamie asked me. I opened the back of the car and got it out with a nod. Jackson started walking across the street when I looked up to see where he was. I was about to put him in the stroller.

"Jackson!" I yelled. "Get back over here, now!" He ran back and picked him up and put him in the stroller. "You know you don't cross the street without me or mommy." I looked up at Jamie who had finished putting Jacey in the back half of the double stroller. She sighed when we made eye contact. It was a sigh because of Jackson. I shook my head and stood up.

"He knows better," Jamie said as she pushed the stroller up some to stand beside me. I nodded and took over pushing the stroller. I paid and got our hands stamped. Jacey was the only exception. She didn't need a stamp.

"The bears! The bears!" Jackson chanted.

"We're going," Jamie said to him. We made stops by different animals, but Jackson only wanted to feed the bears. When we finally reached the bears, Jackson was about to jump out of the stroller. Jamie got him out and carried him over to the rails. I went with Jacey and bought the food to feed the bears.

"Do you want to see the bears?" I asked her in a baby voice and tickled her stomach. She giggled. I got the food and went back to find out that Jackson had named the three bears. The biggest was Elmo after Elmo on TV. The second biggest, which wasn't much smaller than the biggest, was Ryde.

"Why'd you name it Ryde?" I asked him.

"I love Ryde," he said. He had gotten into a habit of calling Rydel, Ryde. It was his nickname for her that Rydel loved. Then, he named the smallest, which must've been the cub, Jacey.

"Why Jacey?" Jamie asked.

"She's the baby," he said like it was obvious. He had a really outgoing personality. We fed the bears. Then, Jackson wanted to go back around and look at the animals. We cut it short when it started to rain. We went back to the cabin and let the kids take a nap. Jamie and I sat outside under the porch of the cabin.

"It's so peaceful, isn't it?" Jamie asked. She had moved her chair closer to me and held my hand.

"The rain? Yeah," I answered.

"I miss the rain. I hate that is rarely rains in Cali," she said. Then, she was quiet. "There's going to be a rainbow after this."

"How do you know?"

"It's raining with the sun still out. There's going to be a rainbow," she explained. "My mom told me that. Every time I saw it rain with the sun out, when I was little, she was right. I haven't paid much attention to it since I got older. And considering I moved to California, there is no rain."

"But the sun is cool too," I said. She nodded.

"You know the bad times makes the good times better. That's why I like the rain and rainbow concept. You have to deal with the rain to get the rainbow."

"That's true," I said. We listened to the rain fall. "Do you believe that the rain is an angel crying?"

"In a way. They're probably not crying from sadness if there is going to be a rainbow. This is a happy rain. A storm may be sad rain."

I never looked at anything like that.

She was right.

After the rain, there was a rainbow.

(A/n- There will be foreshadowing with the end of this chapter! I'm so happy to get to it! Ugh! This was a sweet moment.)