23

Jamie's POV

I hadn't gotten completely over my cough, but it had been going away. That was a really good thing, and I'm still going to leave next week. I don't know who I got the cough from, but it was more than likely from traveling the hospital. I hate staying in my room, and I want to get around.

Anyway, today is mine and Riker's wedding anniversary and New Year's Day! Riker told me that he really couldn't really plan for us to do anything, but he just wanted us to be together.

I woke up alone, but I had gone to sleep with Riker in the room. I was really confused, and I figured he went to breakfast, so I waited for mine and watched TV.

Knock, knock.

I looked at my door as it opened. Riker stood there with my breakfast, and what looked like his. There was also some flowers.

"Don't worry, the flowers are fake," he informed.

I laughed. "Good." Real flowers were not allowed around cancer patients. I don't really know why. I've never asked. Riker walked over and gave me my breakfast. He joined me on the bed and ate his breakfast. We chuckled over little comments that we both shared. "The flowers are beautiful. Thank you so much," I told Riker. I gave him a hug.

"Can you believe we got married three years ago?" Riker asked.

"Nope," I replied. "I can't even believe we have Jacey. Everything has happened so fast. So much has changed."

Four years ago, I was pregnant with Jackson. Three years ago, I married Riker. Two years ago, Riker was actually on tour. One year ago, I was pregnant with Jacey. Today, I'm in the hospital.

But I wouldn't change anything. Riker and I have been so happy with each other.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked.

"We can't do much, but I actually thought I would surprise you," he said.

I was really excited and nervous.
__
Riker's POV

I thought about bringing the kids to see Jamie for our anniversary. She hasn't seen them in about a week because of Jackson being sick. I thought this would be good for Jackson too. I hadn't let Jamie know about what Jackson did say, but this would still be good.

I had asked a nurse to keep an eye on them while I told Jamie. It was Jamie's favorite nurse, so I knew Jamie would've trusted her.

"What is it?" Jamie asked when I told her about the surprise. I walked over to the door and opened it. The nurse walked in with Jackson beside her and Jacey in her arms. Jackson ran over to Jamie and she pulled him onto the bed with the help of him pulling himself. I took Jacey for the nurse and thanked her for watching them. I walked over to Jamie and handed her Jacey with Jackson in her lap.

Jackson told her stories about funny things my mom did when 'Ryde' told her she was engaged. "She even started crying!"

"She must've been really happy," Jamie said. Jackson nodded. He looked around the room and saw a toy he had left, and he was off the bed and gone off to play. "She's grown so much, since the last time I saw her." It had only been a week, but Jamie was convinced she had changed so much.

"My mom said she crawled last night," I said. I looked at Jamie, and she pursed her lips to hold back tears. I knew she was sad to miss out on things, but it's worth it for her future to not miss out on things. "It's not like she's walking."

Jacey had actually been trying to speak recently. My mom would video her and send it to me, but I kept it a secret from Jamie. I wanted Jamie to be around her when she said her first word, so today was with a try.

"What do you think he first word will be?" I asked trying to hint at her to get her to talk.

"Probably momma," she guessed. Then, she tried to get Jacey to speak. "Say mom-ma." She repeated it a couple times before Jacey caught in and made similar noises, but none of them sounded anything like momma. Jamie continued to say it, but Jacey just refused to say it. Jacey didn't say it, so Jamie gave up. It was worth a shot to try.

The day went by slow, which I was thankful for. We treasured each moment as it happened that day. The kids actually spent the night that night. My mom said she would come get them the next day because Jackson really needed bonding time, so he slept on the bed with Jamie.

Anyway, I had told Megan that the kids were coming, and I couldn't have breakfast with her for a couple days. She understood, and she said she wanted to be with Ashton before his surgery. My mom came later that day and was picking up the kids.

"You look amazing," my mom told Jamie. Jamie looked a lot better than the doctors had predicted. They said she would look tired, but she hadn't looked tired or sick throughout any of this. "Aren't you ready to come home?"

"I'm really excited for next week," she said. She had been counting down the days.

"I know this next week is going to fly by," my mom said. "It's probably going to seem like a long time, but it won't be. You'll be home with your babies, and it'll be awesome." It got later, and my mom had an appointment with Rydel about the wedding. Yep, they already started planning. My mom lifted Jacey from Jamie's arms.

Jacey had reached back to Jamie. "Momma."

I know that made Jamie's day.

(A/N- HAPPY 2015!! This time last year I started FALLING FOR YOU! It's crazy that I actually even finished that one, and now I have a series. Now, I have another story out. If you like 5SOS, go check out my latest story, She Looks So Perfect!)