Chapter 26

Rosalie's POV

   "Uh, dad?" Bella breaks the almost awkward silence, twirling spaghetti on her fork. "I have to tell you something." Her heart beat picks up, her leg bounces under the table. Charlie looks up, suddenly nervous, but he nods. "So, Rose and I are dating. She's my girl..friend." 

I hear her swallow hard, her face is bright red and I can't help the fond smile that slips onto my face. My hand moves to hers that rest on the table, squeezing it softly. 

I move my gaze back to Charlie and he doesn't seem to know what to say. 

"Oh, well. Congratulations. Uhm, I don't know what I'm supposed to say." He chuckles awkwardly. 

I offer him a sheepish grin, before it stretches into a full smile from Bella's, 'Oh'. I put down my fork and focus on Charlie. "I think it's really great that you are so accepting. Thank you." 

His face turns pink and he clears his throat loudly. "Well, as long as you are happy."

"I am." Bella nods. "Thanks, dad." 

After dinner, we clean up together and Charlie asks after Carlisle and Esme. We wind up in the living room to watch a movie together and I pull Bella close. Despite both of their blushing, they both seem happy so I kiss Bella's head in hopes of calming her. 

As Charlie drifts off, Bella and I head upstairs to her bedroom. She rushes off to the bathroom to get ready for bed on the way, though. 

Bella come back, tucks herself into my side and starts to giggle. "I'm just so happy when you're here, Rose. I don't know. I just. I sort ofloveyou." 

Her words run together but I heard them and my mouth hurts from the force of my smile and I giggle too. "I love you, too." We just can't stop giggling and I've not felt this warm in decades. "I love you." 

She makes me just as happy as Emmett. He makes me warm and hot in a more metaphorical sense, as we are both cold. But I almost feel human from Bella's warmth, at times. Curled around me, her  chest flush with mine. It's like she shares her heart beat with me, her warmth. 

Her fingers thread through my hair, she brings me down and I hover over her. She kisses me softly at first, sweetly. And instead of increasing speed, Bella increases her intensity and if I could, my breath would've been gone. 

My body shakes from restraint. I groan when she pulls back to breath but instead of going further, I press a kiss to her head and tuck her close. She drifts off quickly afterward. 

The first half of Sunday is spent in bed, completely wrapped around one another. The second half is spent doing homework but mostly, we goof off. We sit on her bedroom floor and I find my lips attached to hers more than not. 

I go home that night to spend time with Emmett. 

As I go in, though, Alice stops me. She gives me a small frown before muttering a 'follow me'. We sprint into the forest, far enough from home so no one would overhear. Leaning by a tree, Alice starts.

"Rose, I am so sorry." Alice her bottom lip wobbles, her arms are crossed. "What Edward said and did was horrible and it's partially my fault! You know Edward, how he can be. He even confided some things to me and I knew there was a chance he would say those hurtful things about you to Bella. I just hoped, beyond all hope, that instead of being a jerk, Edward would go the other route and start the foundations of their friendship." 

Biting my lip, I ask a question I never thought I would be capable of. It's just been nagging at me since I realized mt soulmate, my second soulmate was here in Forks. "Tell me one thing, Alice, please. Was there ever a future... that you saw them together?"