Chapter 6

Bella's POV

 The next morning before class I stand by my truck, reading as I wait for the bell to ring. The parking lot fills quickly and I notice two beautiful and expensive cars- a Volvo and a BMW. No one is surprised to see the Cullen's get out of those cars. Today all of them, plus another boy who I presume to be Edward, are here.

Emmett and Alice get out of their cars and waved excitedly, gaining their family's attention along with a few other students. 

Being polite, I wave back.

Pretending to read my book again, I look down. They are such a strange family. Why are their eyes an almost honey, gold color? Why are they all so cold? Also why does everyone seem slightly intimated by them, I mean people literally part in the hall to let them pass. 

This isn't a movie, so what makes them so peculiar?

"Hey Bells!" someone shouts and I jump out of my skin, not hearing them come over.

"Alice! You scared the shit out of me."I put a hand over my heart as she chuckles.

"Sorry. You seemed lonely and I wanted to introduce you to my brother." She grabs my hand lightly and tugs me across the parking lot. It doesn't escape my notice that everyone is watching us. 

"Edward, Bella. Bella, Edward." Alice gestures between us as we stop. 

Taking a small step forward, I extend my hand towards him. "Hello." I smile. Everyone stiffens and if I'm not crazy then I can swear his eyes darken as he nods curtly and turns his head away. Quickly putting my hand down, I look at them confused and kinda offended.

Everyone seems positioned purposely, now that I'm looking. It's like they're waiting for Edward to attack me or something. He's leaning against the car about five feet from me, Jasper and Emmett close on either side of him. Rosalie seems twitchy as she, just barely, shifts closer to me when Alice walks towards Edward to in between us. 

"Edward." Alice scold and they begin whispering furiously. Jasper wraps his arm around her, looking angry at Edward. 

"So how was your night?" Emmett asked as he and Rosalie led me towards the building. 

Why are they acting so weird? I look up at them both before playing along as they try desperately to distract me.

"Fine, yours?" Rosalie is as beautiful as ever with her indifferent expression as she looks at me. Emmett smirks and bumps my shoulder, "Great, didn't get much sleep with this babe though." he joked and wiggled his eyebrows.

I cringe as Rosalie smirks and slaps his shoulder.

"Kidding." He puts his hands up in surrender before looking at me seriously and quirking a brow. "Or am I?" Emmett starts laughing as Rosalie smacks his shoulder again, harder this time and both Emmett and I wince. 

"Well, here we are Bella-Bear." Emmett says and fucking ruffles my hair. Glaring, I shove his hand away and he laughs.

"See you later Bella." She smiles as we come to my first class, that I didn't realize we'd walked towards. I stare dumbly for a moment at Rosalie smiling at me. Her and Emmett wave before walking away.

"Uh, b-bye" I waved as the bell rang. Her voice is so beautiful, I could melt. I fucking bet she knows exactly what she's doing, too. She knows what her voice does. She does.

"What's up, chica?" Mike stopped in front of me. 

"Not much."

"Really? You seem to have gotten close to the hottest couple in school." He says incredulous. Shaking my head, I walk to my seat and pay attention to the teacher, annoyed that I have this class with him. Just to make sure, I glance around the class to see if anyone else from lunch is here.